ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Shot him 10 times... excessive force. They guy only had an ax. Taze him.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Its hard to tell what Im even looking at through the rainy window. lol. I'd say in this situation tazing would have been better because it looks like the guy wasn't about to swing really. He was just threatening. But I've seen a video before of a guy getting shot up multiple times because he had an ax. Was justified before and the guy was further away than this man was from the cops

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I can't watch it! What happens??
Guy walks out of a carls jr holding an axe with Police yelling at him and guns drawn. He lunges towards a cop and gets shot at 10 times point blank.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Its hard to tell what Im even looking at through the rainy window. lol. I'd say in this situation tazing would have been better because it looks like the guy wasn't about to swing really. He was just threatening. But I've seen a video before of a guy getting shot up multiple times because he had an ax. Was justified before and the guy was further away than this man was from the cops
Just watched it full screen, they did hit him right in the face with the tazer to no affect, thats why he flinched at the cop. He deserved to be shot, just not 10 times...

·
Registered
930 Posts
I will never understand the mentality of some people. Where in the **** does it sound like a good idea to lunge at a cop holding an ax like your going to swing, with another cop 5 feet away with a gun on you. This guy was looking to die and he just didn't have the guts to do it himself. The number of shots fired seems a little excessive to me. He was falling on the 3rd shot, but heat of the moment being what it was, the cop may have lost control.

I don't know. The whole thing is messed up on all sides.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Multiple shots are easily justified in this case seeing that he was unphased by a taser to the face. He could have been drugged up, and wouldn't feel the bullets either so they would have had to fire enough shots to drop him no matter if he feels it or not and do it quickly enough to stop him from swinging the ax.

Can't sit around and fire one shot to see if he feels it and then fire another, and another.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Guy walks out of a carls jr holding an axe with Police yelling at him and guns drawn. He lunges towards a cop and gets shot at 10 times point blank.
Thank you. You'd think 1 shot in the leg would stop him. What the hell.. It's an axe! How fast or far can a guy running with an axe get? Shot him in the thigh. Bang. Done. Arrested.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lol at the excessive force crowd... Whenever the use of deadly force is justified, "excessive" doesn't really come into play. When there is a firearm involved, the most likely outcome is someone is going to die, just the way it is.

In CCW and BLET training you are actually advised to unload your firearm if you ever have to use it. Helps to validate the "in fear for my life" argument.

·
Supporting Member
142 Posts
Thank you. You'd think 1 shot in the leg would stop him. What the hell.. It's an axe! How fast or far can a guy running with an axe get? Shot him in the thigh. Bang. Done. Arrested.
Would you really take that chance? Guy swinging at you with an axe (or whatever that object was) a few feet away from you? Imagine if some lunatic was coming at your partner with an axe. I honestly can't say I would have done anything differently. If you watch the video, the first 5 shots don't even drop the guy. Had he just "shot him in the thigh", I think that officer would have been seriously injured or even killed. Perhaps the last 5 rounds were excessive but as someone else said, in a situation like that you really can't sit there and wait after every shot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd love to see you make a one shot, one hit to the leg of a guy that is running at you with an axe. The adrenaline released in a moment like that makes it hard to even hold the sights straight on a handgun, much less make a shot as precise as you think is possible.

EDIT: Also, it is your mindset: "Why kill him when you can lock him up for life," that is part of the reason this country is in the shape it is in today. All these pu**y liberals that are running the show can't bring it upon themselves to do away with the scum of the earth, instead they would rather give them three hots and a cot for the rest of their life and use our money to foot the bill.

If we went back to having a set of gallows on the Main St. of every US city... this **** would come to an end.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts