ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted my new Watanabes today. They are 9.5 offset so maybe they stick out too much?

The car isn't lowered, so it looks a bit ungainly so that's the next thing to do.. 8) #

Sorry the pictures aren't bright like the ones from sunny USA!

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
love it, those are 14s right? Ive seen many pics with that offset and its pretty much perfect. garage dog house NA is probably my fave with that setup.

now I need to find me a set.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
hey white eunos post up here when you get more pictures, these ones are a little dark. and wet. :mrgreen: I seriously need to find a set of those.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
I would love to get a group buy set up for some custom rota rb's in the same size. the current GB 14x7 +20 is pretty good, but this is the perfect size.

My only problem is I really should not be buying another set of wheels. Ive already run up the credit cards enough this summer. :(

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the comments. I was thinking about how we love these kind of wheels on this forum and I think it's a reaction against the recent trend for huge rims, a single 'plane' of design and almost no-sidewalls. I think sidewalls look great and is why I prefer 60's GT cars like GT40's with big meaty tyres than modern racers with rubber band tyres 8)

I'll get better pics soon. I wasn't sure about the wheels when I first fitted them, but when I catch a reflection of the car in a window/another car's body, I think it looks awesome!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Thanks for the comments. I was thinking about how we love these kind of wheels on this forum and I think it's a reaction against the recent trend for huge rims, a single 'plane' of design and almost no-sidewalls. I think sidewalls look great and is why I prefer 60's GT cars like GT40's with big meaty tyres than modern racers with rubber band tyres 8)

I'll get better pics soon. I wasn't sure about the wheels when I first fitted them, but when I catch a reflection of the car in a window/another car's body, I think it looks awesome!
Yes, looks great man.. and I feel what you're saying on wheel size. I love the look of 14 inch wheels with a good offset on an NA.. I've had my 14 inch Watanabes for about 3 or 4 months now.. they totaly make the car. What tires are you running on yours?

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I run 185 60's on a cheap sports brand that'l do for the moment!

I actually prefer your offset (14.5+) for the balance of looks. What do you use to keep your rim polished?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I run 185 60's on a cheap sports brand that'l do for the moment!

I actually prefer your offset (14.5+) for the balance of looks. What do you use to keep your rim polished?
Yea 185/60s are the way to go. I wish I could buy some Advan Neova ADO7 here in the US in that size, but just running Advan AO32R for now.

I just wipe the lips clean with a dry microfiber cloth after I hand wash the car. I am careful to not let any harsh cleaners on the wheels. I want them to age "patina" nicely.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,871 Posts
Werd. =D>

1 - 20 of 37 Posts