ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after the rain i saw my trunk had water. checked all the rubber trims seems to be ok. anybody had this problem before? need advice

·
Registered
592 Posts
Check the plugs on the underside of the trunk.
Also check the rain rail of the top. If it is bad shape the water can leak from the top to the trunk.
Drain tubes also...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Check the plugs on the underside of the trunk.
Also check the rain rail of the top. If it is bad shape the water can leak from the top to the trunk.
Drain tubes also...

pics of said itme to check would help.... also

walking dead (thread):fp:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Also where you pump gas there's a little drain and the drain hose runs into the trunk through it and the hose can get lose leaking water into your trunk.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Everything here is a posiible cause. I too checked these things when I had my trunk leak. I eventually narrowed the problem down to the area around the hardtop latch. I made new gaskets for both latches then still had the problem. Upon further observation I noticed that the original factory seam sealer in the trunk gutters had become brittle and started to split. I couldn't even see the splits they were so small. After using a screw driver to strip away the old sealant and a trip to the paint supply store I resealed the problem areas and my leak was gone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts