ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
make sure that you are topped off with fluid. let me the engine warm up, drive it around a bit whatever it takes.

open the hood, grab the upper radiator hose with one hand and rev the motor through the TB with the other. if you feel a surging as you're accelerating, you're good to go. if not, you're not.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pic of weephole?

thanks guys. The engine doesn't overheat in the fall/winter but does in summer. Just trying to solve the problem.

·
Registered
339 Posts
yeah I think mine is leaking from the weephole right now. After driving around for a while and parking in the garage/driveway a small puddle starts to form under the car. I can't really see where the coolant is coming from but it does get all over the plastic tray :(

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
I drove mine for about a month with it leaking coolant out of the weephole. I just kept a gallon of 50/50 in the car to top it off when it got low. While mine was running I just took off the radiator cap (not when it was HOT), and looked down in, there was coolant flowing, so I knew the water pump was ok and pumping it around, but was going bad.

When I got in there to do the TB/WP, I noticed there was NO THERMOSTAT--which explained why I had no heat. It hasn't overheated since I did all the work and put in a new thermostat so I guess I did ok. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts