ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what else do you spend time on? (besides family) what other hobbies do you have?

ill start by saying i love to shoot nine-ball, sometimes 8.

video games happen more often than pool however, favs are GT4 & Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. if theres time ill play some D1GP or Tourist trophy.

and last but not least and probably the most often (weekly basis) i hang out with friends at a asiany joint that has a live dj, sushi, and hot sake in various flavors. $2 you call its make for a fun gtg!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have two jobs. I'm a background investigator for a large theatre exhibition company, and I'm a writer/editor for a group of very popular cable networks. These two jobs take up most of my time.

I'm a Star Wars costumer. I do mosaic. I do vinyl graphics. I collect beer. I love to cook (especially desserts) and I love watchng movies, be they on the big screen or on my home entertainment system.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
No, this talk is not about Roadsters, but that's okay because the discussion is not inane banter. This is a great example of what is acceptable here at CR.net.

That said, in what little free time I have, I like to watch movies, play one of my many classic video game systems. I have two Atari 2600 systems, Colecovision, Intellivision, Nintendo NES and SNES, Playstation 1 and 2, and a Vectrex! I also have a Nintendo Advanced SP and a Gamepark Holdings GP2X, which is a handheld unit that works off Linux and is completely open-source. It also plays movies and MP3s.

I also like to create music on my two synthesizers and software synths. I have an old Roland Juno-2 and a Kawai K1. I used to have a Roland TR-909! I wish I never sold it! I use Cubase and Reason 2.5 with many virtual instruments. Anyone else use Reason? Let's trade some stuff!

I like to listen to music a lot. I have a nice Technics SL1200 MK2 turntable and quite a collection of vinyl, in addition to my large selection of CDs and of course MP3s. I have about 100 records, 300 CDs, and 3000 MP3s.

I also have some friends who own RX-8s and I am the site owner and Admin for http://flrx8club.net - And you thought I just ran this site!? HA!

·
2,708 Posts
Good topic.

Besides anything automobilia and anything racing (F1 and MotoGP my favs), I enjoy military history and shooting my 2 guns, a Colt 1911 .45acp and a Sig Sauer 226. In fact, I'm a history freak in general.

I'm also a video game addict and a self-proclaimed king Of Street Fighter II (bring it on!) Seriously, you won't win two rounds in a row with me playing Guile. :) I also own at CounterStrike and Battlefield2. :)

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
When not meandering around reading miata information, I spend my time with my girlfriend, art museums and art history books, looking through magazine to anaylize the latest trends in design, and reading design blogs and books.

I don't play video games as much as I used to, but i do keep up with its news. Which brings me up to my next few items. Current events (reading the local paper, Time, and News Week, and tuning to NPR daily) occupy my time quite a bit too. I think I am one of the few OC'ers that do not live with an "Orange Curtain."

I also occupy my time watching movies and find new bands to listen to (mostly indie stuff).

Whew.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I like to listen to music a lot. I have a nice Technics SL1200 MK2 turntable and quite a collection of vinyl, in addition to my large selection of CDs and of course MP3s. I have about 100 records, 300 CDs, and 3000 MP3s.
Sounds like you could use a USB turntable to convert your vinyl to mp3. I've ripped my entire CD collection (about 1000 CDs, give or take 100) but still haven't managed to get a USB turntable. Between mizzphinz and I we probably have a couple hundred albums/12" mix/45s. 'twould be cool to have all that rare vinyl on mp3 in my iPod. 8)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
If i'm not working on the Miata, i'm working on one of the other cars in my sig.

I have a sandrail project i've been pushing off as well, and I occasionally try and take passable digital photos. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I work for an auction house doing a boring job,

hobbies, hmmm dont really do much since i moved 80 miles away from my friends so i just chill, go to the movies, tinker with my car i am also into mountain biking (not many mountains in london), used to bowl quite a bit.. enjoy cooking and stuff..

to kill some time over winter i am planning a MAME arcade machine, going to build a cabinet and everything make controllers etc.. love the old skool games!

infact love old skool everything.

·
Registered
116 Posts
although car's have now made it to the top of my "favorite things to do list" wether it means working on them, driving them, or reading/conversing about them, i still have some room for other interests.

snowboarding has given me a new love/obsession for winter since i started that a few years back. it turns every winter weekend into an adventure/mini vacation in the sierra's.

i've been obsessed with water sports forever. i own 2 surfboards, 1 skimboard, 2 body boards, etc.

also always been obsessed with travel and i am proud to say that i have a passport. so far the only stamp i have is from when i spent a couple weeks in amsterdam, although i've also had the chance to spend a couple weeks in maui, and a week in oahu. also have been to quite a few destinations around the U.S. when i can't spend the bucks on travel, i dream on http://www.virtualtourist.com and other backpacker/adveturist type forums.

luckily i've just signed on for the job i've been waiting over a year for, and will get back to some serious traveling when i get my next vacation, this time more exotic. southern thailand, goa (india), monte carlo (for the grand prix) are on the must visit list among others.

of course the new job will keep me quite busy from here on out, but of course this means the miata and passport will see some serious gains when time permits.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I am working on two degrees, one in Information Systems and the other in Computer Engineering. You can imagine where the most of my non-Roadster time goes.

:(

·
Mufasa in Training
31,130 Posts
Besides anything automobilia and anything racing (F1 and MotoGP my favs), I enjoy military history and shooting my 2 guns, a Colt 1911 .45acp and a Sig Sauer 226. In fact, I'm a history freak in general.

I'm also a video game addict and a self-proclaimed king Of Street Fighter II (bring it on!) Seriously, you won't win two rounds in a row with me playing Guile. :) I also own at CounterStrike and Battlefield2. :)
Good man, Tam :)

I used to play CS at least 8hrs a day...I also enjoy anime, military history, aviation (particularly World War I and II era), and all things mechanical. I love motorcycles even though I'll probably never own one--if someone could get a working Gixxer engine in tranny in my car, I'd sign right now.

I moderate both here and at RoadsterChat :)

Oh yeah...I also golf from time to time. Tiger Woods (and King Kong) ain't got $#!7 on me ;)

ps, Tam - I'd whoop your arse with Dark Sakura and Akuma in Marvel vs. Street Fighter :lol:

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
I have a job which takes up most of my time (system administrator for a national leasing company), but I do have a couple of other hobbies besides working on my Miata...

-I generally buy and play one computer game to death, run it into the ground, lose interest, and move on. Current game I'm playing is Battlefield 2--if you need a good chopper pilot, I'm your man. Look for Sgt. Woolery online. :wink:

-Collect and build sci-fi models.

-I used to build and fly airplanes (the real thing), but I don't have time for that anymore. I'll go back to that hobby when I retire...have lots of great aviation stories if you're ever interested to hear them (I used to be somewhat of a hotshot aerobatics/dogfighting/bush pilot among my circle of "pilot" friends).

-Soup, too. :lol:

·
Registered
465 Posts
lets see, other than cars im a big videogame fan. wether its console or pc i enjoy it all, mainly a pc gamer currently though. counterstrike source and world of warcraft are my current main games. other than that i like sports, mainly play golf and bowling now but have played alot of other sports in the past. also big into music, hip hop, trance, and dance probably my favs. always been into gaming and plan to make a career out of it eventually. currently working at a LAN shop http://www.othersidegames.com/ and planning to go back to school.

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
I spend a lot of time designing as I'm studying Architecture and work for an architecture firm, which I am grateful for as I have a job that I actually like and don't mind too much when it spills over into my social life.

I'm into mountain-biking. I'm always out a few times a week getting muddy or bloody on some crazy trail and luckily Scotland has loads of them! I used to do wakeboarding but my friend sold his boat so we can't do it anymore! :(

I play PC games such as Battleground Europe, GT Legends, Oblivion and good ol' Operation Flashpoint :p

·
Royal with Cheese
563 Posts
I'm a pure hopeless petrolhead : I'm a car journalist, I spend all my days thinking, reading and writing about them and sometimes I even drive some of them. I don't care about TV if it's not Top Gear, cinema if there are not cars chasing each others and video games if it's not written "Gran Turismo" on the box. :roll:

The only thing I do which is non related to cars is trying to keep my soooo patient girlfriend. :oops:

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
workin on my van, going to van runs, always buying new toys for either of my 2 vehicles or my girlfriends car.

seriously though when Im not doing something productive, Im also big into gaming. Mostly a console guy though, and 90% of the time its a driving game.

Test Drive Unlimited and Saints Row on 360 has been keeping me busy lately.

If you have Xbox Live- send me a friend request - boogie van

1 - 20 of 22 Posts