ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
My top gripes:
1.) Totally unnecessary sidebars take up too much real estate (there are ways around this)
2.) Search feature not as good as old forum--particularly that I can't search within a thread
3.) Homepage honestly useless because I am seeing old threads
4.) Smilies need updated (minor)
5.) Not a fan of how gifs are treated (probably the one time I actually liked the old forum's image resizing)
6.) I've seen at least three forums that look EXACTLY like this one.

What I do like:
1.) Email notifications are working again
2.) Website performance for the most part seems to be quick
3.) Once the sidebars are gone, I have useful space and posting area is wide on desktop

I am still torn on the multi-quote functionality. I do like that I can delete out entire posts to quote, but overall, I find the functionality to be a little clunky

·
Administrator
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My top gripes:
1.) Totally unnecessary sidebars take up too much real estate (there are ways around this)
2.) Search feature not as good as old forum--particularly that I can't search within a thread
3.) Homepage honestly useless because I am seeing old threads
5.) Not a fan of how gifs are treated (probably the one time I actually liked the old forum's image resizing)

What I do like:
1.) Email notifications are working again
2.) Website performance for the most part seems to be quick
3.) Once the sidebars are gone, I have useful space and posting area is wide on desktop

I am still torn on the multi-quote functionality. I do like that I can delete out entire posts to quote, but overall, I find the functionality to be a little clunky
Thank you for your feedback. We will be seeing regular updates that are largely based on member feedback. Although I cannot promise that all feedback is actioned, we are listening.

- Cricket

·
Registered
424 Posts
The overall design aesthetic is not appealing to my eye. It is hard to differentiate where posts begin/end. Everything runs together. I don't really know how to describe it, but it is not enjoyable to read threads in this layout. Also, is it necessary to have 3 Geico ads on one page in amongst user posts? I know forums are a dying platform for the most part, but this didn't help. Too bad as I am old school and like having a thread to update on the progress of my car. Social media outlets are not the same, you can't follow the progress of a car from beginning to end.

·
Registered
438 Posts
And your grammar needs updating ;)
Ah, yes. Gone are the days of CR's distinctive look, that looked not at all alike MT, M.net, or 95% of all the forums out there.

Having tested it now, it's clunky indeed. I like that you, once you realize you've selected all the posts you wanted, you can now add all posts selected for multi-quote instead of having to take a random one, click "reply" and then delete it, but I'd still rather have that functionality remain, so that when I have posts in multi-quoting and click "reply" on something else I'm automatically greeted with all of them.

The overall design aesthetic is not appealing to my eye. It is hard to differentiate where posts begin/end. Everything runs together. I don't really know how to describe it, but it is not enjoyable to read threads in this layout.
Perhaps this could be fixed by using a thicker line between posts, the current one is kinda thin.

·
Super Moderator
2,476 Posts
Is there a way to turn off the flag next to your user designation? I know specifically of one user who was asked recently about his location and his response was that he wasn't allowed to say per his employer. I'm thinking having a flag next to his name might be at least toeing the line of his employers requirements.

·
Super Moderator
2,476 Posts
If he needed a VPN, I assume he'd be using one. I still think there may be members who don't need THAT level of privacy but still wouldn't want their location posted unnecessarily.

Perhaps it's not a big deal, but even at that it's definitely an unnecessary feature and should have a toggle to switch it off if you want.

·
Administrator
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Is there a way to turn off the flag next to your user designation? I know specifically of one user who was asked recently about his location and his response was that he wasn't allowed to say per his employer. I'm thinking having a flag next to his name might be at least toeing the line of his employers requirements.
Setting Your Location
Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select on the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username.

If you don't set your location the flag will likely be IP based.

You can check your permissions here.

Cricket

·
Registered
438 Posts
Good to see no complaint in two weeks, I must say!
You are reminding me of my 7yr-old, who despite being a good kid, has an insufferable need to correct people.
Tel him a stranger on the Internet said hi.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Also, uh, I'm being told I cannot edit more than 10 posts per week.
But only in certain threads.
In RT I can edit 50 posts a day and it's all good.
What gives?

·
Administrator
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Also, uh, I'm being told I cannot edit more than 10 posts per week.
But only in certain threads.
In RT I can edit 50 posts a day and it's all good.
What gives?
Depends on the section of this site. There is a limitation of 10 posts over one week and some are unlimited. If you make a new post and want to make edits, you can make unlimited updates for the first 24 hours. Why would you need to make up to 50 edits a day? limiting edits maintains the integrity of the content posted.
-Philip

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Administrator
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Speaking of edits: why can't I delete my own posts?
When deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.
-Philip

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Let me rephrase the question for Bryan: We were able to delete our own posts before. We can delete our own posts on nearly every other forum.

The drive can't possibly be based on understanding and flow, that's not something that you guys care about.

How does it relate to page views and revenue?

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
When deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.
-Philip
Bullshit.
Let me rephrase the question for Bryan: We were able to delete our own posts before. We can delete our own posts on nearly every other forum.

The drive can't possibly be based on understanding and flow, that's not something that you guys care about.

How does it relate to page views and revenue?
Exactly.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts