ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Appreciate the perspective and ideas guys, but deleting information is more related to removing information. On your side of things it removes a component of the conversation. On the server side of things, that string of information, and URL that directed to the comment, will be dead and liable to errors. For example, the URL here will always link back to this comment. If that comment gets deleted, the URL is dead and going to it will result in a 404 or dead page screen. This has a range of secondary effects on the site, the most impactful will be with load times and 504 errors.
To help minimize these, we are not permitting this right now. Thanks for understanding :)

-Gerrit

·
Registered
473 Posts
Weird flex....
If you absolutely need the percentage of information gone with the wind on old threads to increase any further, as if not enough newcomers were discouraged by the thousands of unarchived links and "picture unavailable"s, I reckon you can just edit it out.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I certainly didn't.
It would be useful if it could automatically go "Hey, these posts look identical and were posted back to back: hey, user, do you want to keep only one of them?" but that's just me.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts