ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone here has ever had Weapon-R Circuit Pro coilovers?

Bash me if you will... but I dont have a lot of money and I want something for now with adjustability. My friend had them in his civic hatch and they rode pretty smooth for being slammed.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No info at all? Ive never seen a miata with them... just wondering if anyones tried them. Maybe I will be the first?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
no experience with those but looks about the same as the other ebay coilovers except that one has helper springs...how much?

·
CR.net Supporter
124 Posts
i order one of those directly from weapon r and went to autolink to get them installed....it didn't fit!!!!!!

They credited my card back, paid for shipping, and a the labor autolink charged me.

The mechanic there said weapon r is crap!!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get them for $90. Im probably gonna try them out. I know that you have to modify the front struts to get them to fit so maybe that was your problem Ben.

M

·
0 Posts
FYI, guys...these threaded tubes need to be designed for the particular struts that you choose, they are NOT universal.

The tubes need to fit snugly over the OD of the strut body and every brand strut has a different OD.

Also, you need to remove the perches that come on the struts (which voids the warranties of the struts, BTW...) and each brand mounts the perches to the strut body differently. For example, AGX are just pressed on and pop off with a wack from a hammer. Illuminas are spot-welded on and have to be cut off and the welds ground down. (Those are the two brands that I have personal experience with. Others?)

So please don't buy "universal" coilover kits on eBay...you're gambling whether they will fit the particular brand struts you plan to use.

My Y.02...

·
Registered
720 Posts
if they dont fit snug around the shock you can always just wrap the shock with a thick layer of duck tape
then slide the threaded tube over :p

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL touche

When my friend bought his WR Coilovers they came with different thicknesses of rubber tubes that you slide over the shock if it needs it. Im gonna try these... if they fail horribly we shall all learn from my experiences :)

Thanks for the help guys =D>

·
Registered
713 Posts
LOL touche

When my friend bought his WR Coilovers they came with different thicknesses of rubber tubes that you slide over the shock if it needs it. Im gonna try these... if they fail horribly we shall all learn from my experiences :)

Thanks for the help guys =D>
hmm instead of duck tape =D> lol wouldn't some home depot or ace plastic piping hose work to just slide over on the shock then slide the coil sleeves on? anyone?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts