ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few days my car is making a noise that sounds like a chain draging the ground in the front. i have investigated. I just replaced my front brakes. I took them apart 3 time and have ruled out that. I have taken my suspension out too. Any suggestions before I take my suspension out? Has anyone else heard this on their car or another car?

-Tim

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a constant rattle, but when i hit bumps it sounds like metal sounding clang. Also before I redid my brakes I would tap the brake and I would hear a clang. I noise goes away when I hit the brakes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i just had this issue in the driver side rear brake of my NA...
the inner pad was worn more then the front and the pads themselves would rattle with the touch of a finger, i would coat down hill and hear it, a bump anywhere even a crack in the road would amplify it like crazy.
i was embarrassed to drive because it was so loud and annoying, anywho when i applied the brakes no noise...
we replaced all pads in the rear and still noticed play so we re-adjusted them with the small hex key adjuster.
its easier with two people one person adjusts, the other spins the tire. also adjust for e-brake after dropping the car my e-brake would no longer engage so we re jacked it then adjusted and checked.
i spent a day with a rubber mallet tapping everything and spotted a youtube video of an NB with the big brake upgrade where the pads were loose the second he wiggled it and the ping noise of metal on metal happened I KNEW... lolz
worked for me ill cross my fingers that it works for you, i dread that noise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same problem, turns out it was a chain dragging on the ground. Guess that prostitute I was dragging finally deteriorated.

·
Administrator
15,443 Posts
Check your brake dust shields.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts