ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect a done wheel bearing, but it only does this under load. For example, turning. It's a mild grinding noise, I suppose it could be brake related though, but how would I figure out if the wheel bearing is bad?

·
Registered
459 Posts
well... for one, at the autox events, the tech inspectors check them by simply grabbing the tire with both hands, and tries to judder them left and right. checking for play. but if you're home, jack up suspected side slightly taking off some load, lock the steering column and do the same. try to wiggle the wheel left to right. but a bad bearing should be constant and only louder when load on the affected bearing increases.

anyways, lets see what turns out.

·
Registered
459 Posts
p.s. firedog, try to isolate this. if like you said, only turning. and if breaking is included, then check the front suspension. but isolating it is important. and gives you a chance to give full attention on that side... you may find that it can be just a simple backing plate thats too close to the rotors.

·
CR.net Supporter
124 Posts
I got the same problem, everytime i hit a bump on the road the front driver side has this grinding noise. This only happened after i change my stock shocks with the kyb agx.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have the exact same problem with my car. it squeels only when turning left. its coming from the right front. it only does it with a load on it. i already replced the cv shaft so ill probably replace the wheel bearing next.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts