ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need some help and opinions. I have a 1994 Mazda Miata and today I was driving to the store and when it was in 3rd gear I had it at about 3,500RPM and as I let go of the gas I head a click sound. It sounded like it came from the clutch or tranny. I don?t know what the problem is, any guesses? I started to worry so just to make sure I wasn?t just hearing things, so I turn off the radio and took the RPM?S up to 4,000 let go of the gas and it did the same thing as soon as I let go of the gas it made like a click noise, not super loud but hearable if your driving. My guess is that it?s the throw out bearing but I could be wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated. I replaced the clutch and the bearings about 8 months ago?exedy stage 1?, I do drive the car hard once in a while but not to the point where I am beating on it really hard. So I really need some help and opinions.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it's normal from my standpoint...if your hearing a pop and you feel the clutch disengage at the same time it could just be a throw out bearing doing it's work
Think so? i have heard it before but never as i left off the throttle, i use to only hear it on 1st gear when i started to let go of the clutch.

and when i first put the clutch in i never got any noise at all, i started to get noise after 2 months

is this bad,good,normal?

i have heard aftermarket clutch make the noise but... =/ idk.. im just trippin because when i first instlled it it didnt make no noise.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Does your car still run normally? If so, I wouldn't worry so much about it. If it's really annoying you just get it checked out by MB or Hiro's next time you come down to socal, ill go with u

·
Registered
332 Posts
hmm if it's not the throw out bearing .. hopefully it's not your gears clanking together whenever you lift off or roll on the throttle..i'm pretty sure it's just the throwout bearing.. i think my car does that too..but i cant hear anything but my exhaust..HAHA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.