ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think about how hungry I am... and how I could actually go for some fast food even though usually I hate it. Stomach starving, growling, empty kitchen, I walk out through the pouring rain to make car. Open the door, water drips onto the seat, sit down, half the seat is drenched - water leaked apparently. I decided I'd really really want food, I don't care if the seat is wet. So I put the key in, rurr ruurr urrrr. Great. Dead battery, wouldn't turn at all then. hahaha I was soooo let down.

So I think I remember somebody saying that westco's need to be charge up weird - that jumping them and driving around won't cut it. So while I eat my scrounged up food (Celery, chunky chicken noodle, then either ham or frozen pizza) ... let me know so I don't have to use the search function! :mrgreen:

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I believe you need to do a trickle charge on a miata battery for a whole day on 2 amps. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
209 Posts
2 amp charge over night, something like 24 hours is prime if your car is dead, but overnight or even just like 6 hours should be more than enough.

Last time my battery was dead, I boosted it to start up, then I ran the charging process when I got home that night.

·
CR.net Supporter
287 Posts
Westco and the original Panasonic batteries require 2 amps or less charge rate or you risk ruining them.

I wrote a couple of articles on them several years ago. They are kind of dated in what is available and pricing and I didn't include the upgrade information on the Optima batteries either.

http://www.miata.net/garage/battery.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts