ClubRoadster.net banner

Wet floorboards when it rains on your NC? Quick permanent fix!

NC 
11K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  99blkx 
#1 ·
Not quite sure if this is the right section, but here goes.

So when I bought my NC a while back I noticed the floors would get wet when the car got rained on. I had the windshield replaced (crack) the day I bought it. I thought they messed up on the seal somewhere. They re-sealed the entire thing and next time it rained; wet. Wet stinky ass floors. I thought, what the hell?!

So I poured buckets of water over the car while simultaneously checking under the dash for droplets until I found the culprit!

2 screws (one left, one right) inside the wiper cowl.

Pop off the round plastic plug on either corner of the wiper cowl cover. Remove the screw underneath the cap and pry the plastic upward.

Under the plastic you will find a plastic insert that pushes into the cowl.

Here is the hole you are left with when you pry said plastic insert out of its location with a flat head screwdriver.

You will notice that the plastic insert is sealed against the metal with a thin foam gasket. It sucks and leaks over time. SO... get your black silicone out and make a bead around the open hole in the cowl.

Press the plastic insert back into the hole and smear that silicone around the edges. Make sure you get a nice seal.

Let it cure for about an hour or until it is no longer sticky to the touch.

Then re-assemble everything. I put a little silicone around the plastic plug as well.

There you have it. No more water in your floors. Do this to the driver side and passenger side if it leaks on both sides. I did the passenger side a few months ago and that side has been dry ever since.

See less See more
#8 ·
It appears to be 50796B in this diagram but do your own research just a little harder to be sure...

Part Number: E01650796
Supersession(s): E016-50-796

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.