ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And how is it mounted?

I have a three or four year old Alpine fold down/detachable face. One of the first with the 4v pre-amp outputs.

Right now mine is mounted in one of those lame Circuit City adapters. I have a DDM Works single din mount with three gauge mounts coming not soon enough. It's a brushed metal that I'm going to cover with textured ABS secured with epoxy and also some small stainless allen bolts for a little extra look. I just got a tap set so the bolts will actually secure the ABS to the mount and IMO look damn sexy.

When I get it (next week) I'll be mounting it and taking pics for you all to critique. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey, first post on this forum...Name is Dylan, and I have a red '95. Well, I definitely don't have the most radical stereo for a miata, but what I have so far sounds beautiful in the cockpit. Pioneer HU with Infinity components attached to a Kicker amp, and a custom made parcel deck enclosure with 2 10" JL Audio Subs powered by an Alpine amp.

Soon as I can replace my broken digital camera, I'll try to take some pictures so that people looking for an alternative to the JL Audio Stealthbox have something to show their local custom shop.

It may not shatter glass, but at only about 30% power, it definitely puts a smile on my face :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
Alpine CDA 9820 XM mounted in a Nielex Din box.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a Sony mex 1hd with a build in 10Gig hard drive. I have a plastic pocket under it holding it in place.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Alpine 9853 HU, Memphis splits in the doors, Infinity 3.5's in the headrest, 2 Kicker 8's installed Hakuna style, Pioneer 9band EQ, iPod controller, Memphis Amp for subs and 4ch Orion for interior speakers. I need to update my webpage with the new stuff, still has the older install listed.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Carputer here too. No AM, FM, or head unit. Audio straight from the sound card into the amp, and a 7" indash touch screen for control

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
POS clarion that came with the car, shuts itself off when you press a button at least once a day, but it does play mp3's. new pioneer speakers in the doors.

I have an alpine h/u that my girlfriend doesnt want anymore, and also a panasonic unit just collecting dust right now, been meaning to put one of those in...

Got a portable XM unit to keep things mixed up, car kit is hardwired into my van but the built in antenna works pretty good in the miata.

·
Registered
101 Posts
kenwood cd head/excelon 6 disc changer
MB Quart reference 6.5 comp
Audiobahn 50x4
Audiobahn 200x1 monoblock
1 JL Audio10w3

·
Registered
593 Posts
Eclipse tweeters, Boston Acoustics door speakers, Pioneer headrest speakers, and a Sony headunit... now all I need is a faceplate! #-o

Oh yeah, Sirius satellite radio too.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Maxim works manifold and racing beat exhaust 8)

music to my ears

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've got a Sony CDX-F605X and some CDT CL-61 6.5" components for now. Mounted factory style in the second slot right below my 3 gauges.

sure beats the shitty Bose that was in there before. Have plans for an amp and an 8" sub again someday down the road...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Head Unit - Alpine CVA 1000-E & ALPINE MDA-5048 Mini Disc
Stacker - Alpine AiNet 6 disk (MP3)
Speakers - 4 x PIONEER TS-E2090 20 cm 3-way speakers 250 W (MAX)
Amp - Alpine V12 407

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Pioneer DEHP8000 head unit. Pioneer components in the doors. Pioneer 400w amp in the trunk. Pioneer 6-disc changer.

·
Supporting Member
830 Posts
Alpine CDA 9856, which is ipod ready, in the factory radio 'cage'.
Using the radio cage helped to mount the unit almost flush with the center bezel.
I mounted a factory 1.5 din cubby under it - which I had to cut it down some to make it fit right.
I also used black felt to trim out everything so it would look like it belonged there...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
And how is it mounted?

I have a three or four year old Alpine fold down/detachable face. One of the first with the 4v pre-amp outputs.

Right now mine is mounted in one of those lame Circuit City adapters. I have a DDM Works single din mount with three gauge mounts coming not soon enough. It's a brushed metal that I'm going to cover with textured ABS secured with epoxy and also some small stainless allen bolts for a little extra look. I just got a tap set so the bolts will actually secure the ABS to the mount and IMO look damn sexy.

When I get it (next week) I'll be mounting it and taking pics for you all to critique. :)
Is that the CDA-9813? That's the same one I have if so. I'm using one of the simple kits from Wal-Mart and it works good enough for me. I'll be upgrading to the DDM panel more than likely just so I can have a better finished product and more gauge space.

·
CR.net Supporter
575 Posts
pioneer 4900ib+ipod in console, kicker 6.5RS comps, kicker SX9004 4ch (mounted diag. still takes up entire trunk), audiobaun 10 inplace on pass seat (never use it anyway), optima Blue top deep cycle battery.

just removed soft top so i'll be ordering a pair of the new shallow mount kicker subs soon. but want to order rollbar first.(build box around it)

as of mounting the deck i "caged" it to the factory bezel above the factory pocket and used a metra 997001 kit and modified a part of it to fill the black space and we have a special high temp hot glue and glued it to the bezel. no problems with shifting.

the stereo alone out costs car.

see kicker.com for details

1 - 20 of 35 Posts