ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black Friday is near... Which means we need to buy our gifts in a month or so :?

What are you getting your SO's

Yes I'm out of ideas and turning to a bunch of guys that drive miatas.....

·
Registered
572 Posts
Was gonna get her a dope ass navigation/pandora integration with iphone headunit, but I got dumped! So I'll be buying myself some new wheels for the 2 instead :D

·
I used to be cool.
3,086 Posts
I don't have a signifigant other, so i'm buying myself a new TV.

·
red?
1,239 Posts
I don't have a significant other at the moment (THANK GOD) but if I did, it'd be something she wants but doesn't expect me to get. Something thoughtful. It can be easy as remembering something she was really excited about in a store but didn't buy; remembering and getting it for her proves that you were listening. ;) Don't - DO NOT - get her something that you want. I know that seems obvious, but sometimes it isn't for some people. Car parts, video games, and tickets to an event that you want to see are all obviously bad ideas.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
The best gifts I've given my wife over the years have been the unexpected, handmade ones. On the first Christmas we were married, I made her a spice rack. She was very into cooking at the time and often cursed her lack of spices, so that was the reasoning behind it. We were in a little apartment with no space, so I had to design it with zero space in mind. I made it very secretly in my tiny apartment garage. I then filled it with high quality spices.

It endures to this day as one of the finest gifts I've ever given her.

A few years ago for our anniversary, it was the Aluminum Anniversary. I made her a bunch of aluminum daises. Foil petals held onto aluminum hanger stems with bolts and washers. She hasn't let me throw the metal flowers away yet. She loves them.

Everyone's different, but I think the idea behind these gifts is sound. Pay attention to his/her desires. Then make or buy something that fills those desires.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts