ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK OK OK i know this has been posted before either here or at m.net but hey, you could have done more modifications since then that were free/cheap. Anyways, what is your favorite free/cheap modification? I'll start... one of my fav free mods I've done to the car is take the ashtray,flip the direction of the cover, put soft cloth on the inside and make it hold my creative zen 20gig perfectly for easy access. Also, i hooked up some neon lights that were hanging around to the footwells in my car. I now have pink neons in the footwells. Anyways, you get the point. Share your free/cheap modifications and if you add pictures it would make the thread much better.

·
3,857 Posts
The best "cheap" mod that I did to my car was a lighted mirror!
Believe me it makes a world of difference in the dark miata cockpit!!!
You can either buy a new one for $80 a used one for way less or add lights to the stock one (check at m.net for that)...
Best mod ever!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bump the timing for that free low end grunt.... well, at least more than it had before

(NOTE : This will require that you run better gas)

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Bump the timing for that free low end grunt.... well, at least more than it had before

(NOTE : This will require that you run better gas)
Not really, that all depends how high you advance your timing. +1 on timing advance though. It makes quite a noticable change.

Another awesome cheap mod? my battery tie down:

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
#1: Removing foam from NA seat back. It fits my body so perfectly. I don't really *want* to run stock seats, but they're so damn comfortable to me that I keep swapping the race seat out after autocrosses.

#2: DIY gauge faces. Costs me nothing and I get new faces with just the design I want. Of course each set involves about 60 hours of work...

#3: DIY air splitter. $20 worth of ABS plastic has made 5 splitters so far. That qualifies as a cheap mod in my book.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Free mod: Putting my top down and picking up ladies 8)
I concur, this is the best cheap/free mod.
LOL

Actually timing is great but since it's listed I will go with

Gutting out the catalytic. Raspy sound and better top end.

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the 'tacho' mod? I remember hearing something about it a while ago - something to do with removing a 'damper' that then makes the rev needle more responsive...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts