• Doesn't really matter...

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you may know, we've got a lot of cars here at FM. We try to bring as many as possible to events like Miatas at MRLS, but we can't bring them all. So we're asking you to help us decide - if you were at an event, what cars would you like to see there?

Even better, tell us why.

(edit)
It's too late to edit the poll, but I forgot the Westfield! So if that's what you want, post it here.

A little more information for those who don't know each of our cars.

Nancy is an NC with the Targa Package installed. That means our intercooled supercharger, FM exhaust, FM Stage 2 suspension, a Hard Dog roll bar and some meaty wheels and tires. It's stickered up like a race car, but it's been driven from California to Oklahoma to Ontario in comfort.

The Targa Miata is a rally car with AFCO suspension, a full cage and a modified L33. It's the purest race car in the fleet, and is still in full Targa Newfoundland specification. We might swap out the tires for some R compounds though.

Elvis is our street V8. Leather interior, beautiful paint - and a 480 hp V8 and AFCO suspension.

Igor is a 1999 that we rescued from salvage. All of the parts on the car are bolt-on, so it's something you could easily duplicate in your garage using the FM catalog. It makes about 240 hp at the wheels, runs on V-Maxx suspension and is one of the favorites here for driving on track.

Yolk is a 1992 yellow that has a wicked high compression stroker engine. It's faster than you'd expect, and is nice, simple, responsive fun. V-Maxx suspension again.

Atomic Betty is our 2010 V8 development car. Not a lot of details are available about it yet other than it's fitted with a 430 hp V8...for now.

Pokeee is a 1995 that runs an FM stroker and our new FM IIR, sucking down E85. It's actually the most powerful Miata we've ever had on our dyno. It's a bit of a sleeper from the outside but a very, very fast car from behind the wheel.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think the Yolk would be the coolest to bring out IMO. It's something different. Most of the cars these days are converting to turbos and V8s. But in all reality, all of the cars you guys have are bad ass!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Targa!! I wanna drive that beast :twisted:

Number one thing on my "If I win the lottery" list is a full V8 swap from FM.

·
Supporting Member
436 Posts
Targa Miata for me, I just love the whole concept

Russell.

·
Administrator
15,254 Posts
While the Targa car was incredible, i'm still kicking myself for not begging for a ride in Igor while i was out there, so that would be my vote if i were able to make these events. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When is the next event you guys are going to?
The next big Miata event is going to be Miatas at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. We'll also be at Miatas in Moab. I don't know about the second half of the year yet, although we will likely be at Hallett in September.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts