ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, I am thinking about a new top and trying to decide what color/material to get.

The car is a white 94 original paint that looks quite good. Silver Enkei RP02 rims, sits pretty low with FM springs, there is a pic in my profile.

I kind of wanted a lighter color than the standard black to try and keep the interior cooler on hot summer days.

I was thinking about something like

this

or this

or this

Anyone have any ideas or sample pictures for what you think will look good?

Here is a link to the full selection of avalable materials.
http://www.aabestco.com/aabezosampl.htm

Thanks for your help.

·
Supporting Member
828 Posts
Tan ALWAYS looks nice with white.
I would wonder about how 'clean' the tan stays too. I have an OEM vinyl tan that has some black/dirt stains that do not come off. I saw a canvas tan in your sample, which really adds to the look of the NA, from what I have seen/read. I wonder if the canvas holds up better than the vinyl with regards to retaining dirt or staining...

BTW - really nice looking car

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am a bit concerned about staining with the tan tops too, I also wonder if it might be better to stick with grey tones to balance the black interior and trim.

That said, I do think the tan looks good.

Tops are pricey, so I want to get this right.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Yeah, tan would look nice with white.

My tan top never stays clean, even when I wash it with the car. I dont know if anyone else has that problem, at least in florida its down 99% of the time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, tan would look nice with white.

My tan top never stays clean, even when I wash it with the car. I dont know if anyone else has that problem, at least in florida its down 99% of the time.
yeah i can say the same, my old tan top would never look nice, and hard to keep the mildew off (i also live in florida btw lol).

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Tan would look cool, but I think the black looks better and it's easier to take care of.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Crude Photochops

I am still trying to make this decision. I did some photoshops to try and get an idea what gray and red would look like.

What do you think?

·
Registered
514 Posts
IMO tan looks nice... BUT only if the interior is tan as well. Black seats/interior and tan top i think that may be a bit much. Unless you are willing to overhaul your interior i say keep the black. But get cloth. I have a cloth top on mine and it does wonders for the look as opposed to vinyl.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts