ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My bumble bee fmII NA is going in for a repaint, and I was wondering what color would be best? The car is originally white. I like the white but I also think it is a bit boring. I've been looking, and black miatas look great but you lose some of the body lines, and they generally look smaller.

So if you guys had a choice what color would you paint yours?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Aston-Martin has some really nice shades of silver/gray/green that I always thought would look lovely on a Miata like Snow Shadow Grey, Tungsten Silver, Silver Birch, Cumberland Grey, Solway Grey, etc. Also, the new Saab 9-2x comes in a striking gray/gold color called desert silver metallic that looks fantastic in person.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
My "go to" color is BRG, but here's some ideas:

-BMW's medium blue
-Navy blue w/safety yellow stripes
-Orange
-Cobalt blue aka "intellectual blue"--That shade of blue that looks either blue or purple.
-Charcoal grey
-Yellow

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Black.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Samantha, there was a lady at the gap for the last few years that has a pink miata. I can't remember her name but you can go back through some of the recent gap year photos and see pics of what it would look like. I wish I could help more but I am "photo challenged" when it comes to posting photos. Maybe Phinz or some of the others can post a pic for you to see.

Dan

·
Supporting Member
828 Posts
How about keeping it white and changing the interior to either tan or red?
A little more involved, but avoids the ugliness of say, a red car with white door jams/inside of trunk/under hood, you get the picture...
The red would be a real head turner, as they did not have that as a factory option here in the states.

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for the input on colors. The color that stood out was the olive green from the BMW z3 coupe. I will try to find it. If anyone knows please let me know.
Another color recommended by my painter is PPG Super white....
I'll update you w/ pics. Car will be done on Monday.
Thanks again

1 - 20 of 69 Posts