ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below are pics of my freshly sandblasted daisies. Looks straight from the factory.
The clean pics are wet wheels, like I sprayed them so they looked like they have clear coat.
Ideas: 1.Clear coat only, 2. Some gold-metalic color, 3. Silver-OEM like

Before

After

OEM clear

blasted front 2/4 wheels right now:roll:

My quick photoshoping

Suggestions?:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
^ never knew these wheels can look so good! That it's the only way to go.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a set laying around that I'm going to prep for winter. I don't think I'm going to sand blast them, but I'll definitely scrub them down with some simple green and what not. Probably going to plasti dip mine in some florescent yellow or blue. I dunno why.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Silver. They're just OEM wheels. They look far better in their original silver color. :D

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
jRADVW'S idea would look pretty badass with back, and a light bronze, instead. mine were bronze with the machined flats:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aeffles-I sand blasted them because most soaps/detergents did not do much to the brown "baked in" brake dust you see in the first pic.

Morr- yup, going from brown crud to like new silver makes me happy :)
good alternative to buying new wheels.

Srde20man-that's what I thought...but not a bad idea.

Guys:what goes well with the miata's silver paint? I've thought about it and it's hard thinking of a color that works.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You cant go wrong with gunmetal "duplicolor wheel paint spray"

Painted my gfs stock 91 brg daisys w/o center caps and her car looks faster than mine lol
Mines on 002s and stance and looks slow. Lol

Goodluck

·
Registered
78 Posts
Clear them IMO. Look great blasted in the original silvery-white metal, especially without center caps and with a set of black (or other coloured) wheel nuts. I'm running mine original now without center caps and a set of Volk wheel nuts (not gorilla-tightened and checked regularly for tightness) until I get my 14x6" NA8 set blasted and repaired, and I'm not entirely sure whether or not I want to change now.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys, I just blasted my baby teeth! Nice and silver! Like new metal silver!
And new pics to come! I'm just a little under the weather. Milk sucks! I'm in he'll from lactose intolerance. Tips? Help?

PS. I have used rx7-like dark grey metalic paint. Should be very close to the gun metal you described.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
No shade of tan, gold, or bronze IMO. Think it clashes with silver.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just joined this forum, this is what I did. I was super impulsive with the colors so I used what I had around... satin semi-gloss black, and green engine enamel haha.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts