ClubRoadster.net banner

What do replace stock antenna with?

2K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  dude 
#1 ·
What do you guys replace the stock radio antenna with? I'm thinking something black and something that doesn't go as high. What do you have and pics please.

Thanks

#3 ·
I just got a factory '99 non-power antenna bracket and base for my '00. I'm going to just stick a generic shorty antenna mast onto it. I'll lose some reception, but my favorite radio station comes in just fine long before my power antenna is at full mast.

I thought about getting an aftermarket one as above, but my car gets no respect from passers-by :x, and I've heard if someone yanks on one of those antennas that mounts only to the fender, that it can crease the fender. The factory antenna bracket bolts to the frame.

#10 ·
Replace stock antenna with:

-rubber fill plug
-sheet metal (remove it altogether)
-battery cut-off switch

#17 ·
I've heard if someone yanks on one of those antennas that mounts only to the fender, that it can crease the fender. The factory antenna bracket bolts to the frame.
Is that true? Ive been thinking of replacing the flag pole in my car with something shorter, but I havent found anything that I feel good about yet. I want one of the S2K style antennas, but I dont want anyone screwing up my fenders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.