ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the new car itch...

Been looking at price ranges and such, and various vehicles, and I'm loving the Z3 right now. All of the ones for sale in my area are sub-100k miles and in pristine condition, and the 6cyl version can be had for less than $9,000

Still a roadster and such and more sophisticated than the Miata, not really more expensive than a top shape NB as well...
Thoughts on it?

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Prehistoric suspension cobbled together from like 5 different cars. Going to need the typical BMW "once over" entire suspension, cooling system, etc.. $$

Nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hence the under 9k price when they're still under 100k miles then...good to know lol, the car reviews and consumer reviews that I saw showed none of that, they were from the target demographic (middle aged guys with a bit of extra money looking for a weekend toy that don't know mechanics and such) so there wasn't much info

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
I will say the m52 and m54's put in those cars are somewhat entertaining. Everything else.. upkeep, poor suspension, random quirks don't make it really appealing. I don't have any experience with the M models though.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok...that narrows my car list then!

Either want an old 1970-ish Datsun pickup, 10AE, or get a rust free NA8 since I already have exactly what I want to do planned out for an NA Miata lol

·
Banned
607 Posts
weren't these things known for having all sorts of chassis and subframe issues? I've heard if you light em up , the floor welds will crack.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ohdamn, if I had known you were selling it I would've gone up to SC with my girlfriend, she was just there for Thanksgiving.

Edit: that's replying to RustyNWeathered

Anotheredit: looked at for sale thread...very nice! I don't think you'd be interested in an NA6 for trade tho haha

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

thats an M roadster, M3 engine in that little car. definately a beast and a beatiful car but the normal 4 banger z3 looks even more awkward and narrow than a miata. its like a miata with a lot more class and a lot bigger maintenance bill. i dream of a z3 m roadster, but you'll pay closer to 15-20k for a nice one, any less and theres something wrong with it!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts