ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been designing/developing/testing/selling parts for our Miata racecars for years now, but always within the ruleset and scope of the Spec Miata class. Well, we've branched out beyond SM now and have no rules holding us back, so while we have some prototypes being tested and ideas of our own being developed right now, we want to challenge all of the hard-core Miata owners out there with a question:

"What do you want (in terms of products) for your Miata that will better help you build the car you want?"

On the exterior, we are an aftermarket parts retailer, but underneath we are engineers/designs/and racers that really just want to build awesome racing parts for cars and use them on the track, and it just happens to be that we like Miatas! So we want to build cool **** for them! So throw your ideas out there, no matter how simple or complex, and we'll see what we can do using our resources!

Also, if you already have a unique Miata product that you've developed and have proven, and want to sell it to the masses, email us and we can sell your product on our site for you. We're all about offering unique parts that you can't buy at Summit or your local auto parts stores.

Let's see what you all can come up with...

·
Banned
187 Posts
Hardcore one piece bumper that can be used with or without flares and used with optional splitter or maybe even built with a mild splitter. Designed for aero and roadrace. Yes?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hardcore one piece bumper that can be used with or without flares and used with optional splitter or maybe even built with a mild splitter. Designed for aero and roadrace. Yes?
So a bumper that uses stock mounting provisions on the fenders to allow any fender that works with stock mounting provisions, and active aero? This has been on our prototype list and will be prototyped and tested on our next race car build (which will be a no-limits/no-rules GT racer).

What's your thoughts on looks? Stock looking or totally unique?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drop spindles! But there probably aren't enough people to pay the price for them to make those a real option.
You're right, there is lots of cost in machining/tooling for spindles as they are usually cast iron, however, what about an a-arm that does the same thing? Something we're working on already.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Extended a-arms at decent prices would be awesome.

Guage pods - for the cluster hood or center of dashboard

NB2 headlight w/duct. - High beam section removed and big hole in middle of headlight to allow air to filter

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Coldside intake for an NA.

·
Registered
882 Posts
cheap turbo or supercharger option!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Exhaust?

·
Banned
187 Posts
So a bumper that uses stock mounting provisions on the fenders to allow any fender that works with stock mounting provisions, and active aero? This has been on our prototype list and will be prototyped and tested on our next race car build (which will be a no-limits/no-rules GT racer).

What's your thoughts on looks? Stock looking or totally unique?

I like this one and there's another red one I've seen that I cant find at the momment :(

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts

NB2 headlight w/duct. - High beam section removed and big hole in middle of headlight to allow air to filter

I dont even have a NB and I think that that headlight idea is absolutely awesome.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Would be next to impossible for NB1 headlights with the way they are set up.

how are you supposed to fit a big hole through this and leave room for the low beam bulbs and not affect the light pattern?

Here is the NB2

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

A-arms are a future item, most likely with many adjustment possibilities.

Should the gauge pods be on top, integrated, or replace existing panels, such as our radio delete plate? http://5xracing.com/i-6581555-5x-racing-1990-1997-mazda-miata-radio-delete-plate.html

Headlight idea is cool. Does it have to remain operational? Making a race only headlight assembly that isn't OEM appearing would function much better :D, but I understand the need for a functional headlight for street driven cars (obviously!)
What about a lightweight hood with a duct for the intake area as a cool air ram? (and I mean super lightweight, not carbon fiber that's heavier than the stock aluminum hood, I'm talking like 1/4" thick circle track style lift off hood)?

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
A-arms are a future item, most likely with many adjustment possibilities.

Should the gauge pods be on top, integrated, or replace existing panels, such as our radio delete plate? http://5xracing.com/i-6581555-5x-racing-1990-1997-mazda-miata-radio-delete-plate.html

Headlight idea is cool. Does it have to remain operational? Making a race only headlight assembly that isn't OEM appearing would function much better :D, but I understand the need for a functional headlight for street driven cars (obviously!)
What about a lightweight hood with a duct for the intake area as a cool air ram? (and I mean super lightweight, not carbon fiber that's heavier than the stock aluminum hood, I'm talking like 1/4" thick circle track style lift off hood)?
Having low beams is functional enough for a street car. They can always swap back in the stock headlight to pass inspection. I have never used high beams ever since owning my miata though

I would like to see guage pod either integrated with the hood like the Garage Vary version (the ones that look like ears), or one that sits on top of the center and is shaped to blend in with the dash

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I like this one and there's another red one I've seen that I cant find at the momment :(
That's basically an add on splitter to a stock bumper, which is something we'd planned on doing, however I'd really like to do a complete one-piece race bumper with the splitter integrated though. There will be one on our GT Miata build for sure!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How about a rear diffuser
Nice! And much needed on the Miata by the way! The rear bumper is like a parachute at high speeds (over 100 is high for a Miata!), I've seen some Spec Miata's that have rear bumpers that "mysteriously" fall off at Daytona!! :roll: Probably worth about 5mph in drag reduction.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts