ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,698 Posts
I thought about leaving this post alone for 2 months, but I definitely agree with you.

·
Registered
674 Posts
wasn't there a goof in the system awhile ago and alot of the population here got locked out of their accounts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, let's figure out some way to make it work for everyone again. I know forums have always been a foundation for myself, would hate for others to missout on the connections and information available through a solid and specific forum like this. What can we do!?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same thing is happening with forums all over. The Facebook generation have no interest whatsoever for research. They just ask what to do, where do I get this and whitch should I use, and expect all the forum guys to serve them. Depressing...

·
Za Lord
950 Posts
It's way easier to find groups on FB, and post the same question over and over again. Someone will inevitably answer, and tomorrow, ten more will ask the same question again. It's also easier to troll the comments section because you rarely get kicked or banned from a group, as more often than not they just delete the thread/comments. That, and screwing people around on FB marketplace is way more satisfying than waiting on PM's on forums where your dealings garner you a reputation that's way harder to get away from.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,112 Posts
This thread has strong “get off my lawn” vibes.

I’d argue that tutorial videos on YouTube removed a lot of the need to wade through pages of bs on a car forum to find whatever you want to know. Also, aftermarket parts companies have really upped their game in answering a lot of those questions as well - for instance, TireRack and others will tell you what wheel and tire fits your car - you don’t need to do anything other than sort and pay.

Its an evolution, and forums were just a stop on the timeline. Before forums, it was enthusiast meets and Haines manuals. Before that, it was hot rodders and others tinkering with the materials they had in hand.

It is what it is.

·
Za Lord
950 Posts
That's a more optimistic way of looking at it. I agree that being able to search up how-to videos helps a lot, instead of wading through pages and pages of text to come up short. I'm sure we've all been there many a time.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I prefer the text, personally, but have no control over what the dominate form of information is at any given time. Forums lived and died, we're on to the next. Honestly, Facebook looks poised for a similar downfall. We'll see what comes next.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,337 Posts
I like that JR is talking about someone else's hair line.
I've had this widow's peak since I was like 12. Sure it's gotten steeper but I've never had that beautiful squared up hairline. You should see how much white I have in my hair and beard tho. ☹

1 - 20 of 20 Posts