ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,583 Posts
This thread has strong “get off my lawn” vibes.

I’d argue that tutorial videos on YouTube removed a lot of the need to wade through pages of bs on a car forum to find whatever you want to know. Also, aftermarket parts companies have really upped their game in answering a lot of those questions as well - for instance, TireRack and others will tell you what wheel and tire fits your car - you don’t need to do anything other than sort and pay.

Its an evolution, and forums were just a stop on the timeline. Before forums, it was enthusiast meets and Haines manuals. Before that, it was hot rodders and others tinkering with the materials they had in hand.

It is what it is.

·
11,583 Posts
I have found forums full of mean know it all's.
I’m sorry that you feel this way, but life is not going to mold itself to your preferred shape. Either you tolerate the setting to get the information that you need, or you don’t.

·
11,583 Posts
I know you are just being realistic here but no one should tolerate that nonsense. People spend time commenting on a post without adding any value and at the same time putting someone down or just being a jerk about it. Why even waste your time doing that?
You aren’t going to change people, so you either tolerate them to get what you want out of the interaction, or you walk away.

I’d happily share a beer / wine / cocktail with you and opine on why people are the way that they are, but that isn’t going to change the dynamic.

·
11,583 Posts
Exactly. Websites should not change in such a way that makes them worse and less usable.
Assuming actually using it is the goal. It clearly isn’t the goal - selling ad space and printing money is - and we’re all here feeding the beast. If we don’t feed the beast, then we lose the site.

Pick your poison.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts