ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1000% Jake
5,284 Posts
I came online, went searching around the forum. Found that the PNW area chat hasnt has a real chat in years. I went looking around more and got a bit sad. Then I started looking for a thread with a title like this one. I then started to read your comments and became even more saddened. Now I am sitting here typing this message almost in 2022 realizing this place has been dead for 3 years. I do love lurking and researching on forums as I feel that more folks seemed to contribute that social media.
If the Portland thread finally died out, that's definitely sad. Seattle never seemed to be able to keep a thread going.

I feel like it's possible that a lot of forum types have migrated to GRM from the model specific forums and the rest have gone to social media. r/Miata has a lot of traffic but I don't recognize posters on Reddit like I do on forums.

I miss forum culture. We used to do meets and stuff.

·
1000% Jake
5,284 Posts
Man. That's a sad story.

I still end up referencing Adam's posts from time to time. I know what you mean.

There's no community on the social networks. Everything is so casual and everyone seems to be in it for themselves.

·
1000% Jake
5,284 Posts
I'd like to see CR become a low BS forum like MT. Weed out and scare off the trolls. Welcome everybody but let them know the rules. Better organization of content. Focus on the lifestyle aspect of Miata ownership and less the competition end of things. Try to get more sponsors that offer rare and unique MX5 bits. Chase membership of a demographic that actually has running cars that are well sorted that aren't their daily drivers, but a clean weekend toy.

It's up to ya'll to rebuild this place. I'll keep sponsoring it as along as we see some ROI.
I would love to see this too.

I think there's still a place for this forum. M.net never felt like the right fit for me and I ended up here.

Internal combustion cars are going to slowly become obsolete and with that will come the aging of the enthusiast community. I think it will take a long time, but there won't always simply be a whole new generation of car enthusiasts, at least not like there used to be. I'm ok with this.

·
1000% Jake
5,284 Posts
I see someone has been posting on mt.net 😂😭

They have their own thing going on and it's not representative of the Miata community as a whole. It's important not to take them, or anyone else on the internet, too seriously.

GRM forums is the nicest place on the internet. It hurts sometimes. Go check it out if you aren't there already. There's something for everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts