ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i ant think of whats wrong with my car but randomly one day my car made a clunking metal to metal type noise. it goes hand in hand when i go faster or slow. its extremely loud. sounds like its coming from the rear or side of my car. can it be bushings? can something within my suspension be broekn?

my car doesnt feel any different... i mean a little slow but dont think it has anythign to do with it. im really worried. itll only appear randomly but it happens everyday i drive it.

i do get springy/bouncy type noises also (like when you jump on a bed). im not really sure whats going on. i dont have the luxury of a lift or a garage or anything. if anyone in richmond wants to help me out thatd be great cause all these noises are really bothering me. the clunking metal to metal noise mainly.

(oh yeah, my CEL is on for good now... BOO!)

so far its somethings broken with the brakes, bushings, some type of link or bar being broken, something to do with springs/shocks, etc...

·
Registered
332 Posts
explain more in depth...does it happen when you accelorate or decelorate? i had a similar problem...it was my diff..hopefully thats not it in your case

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am open diff... ;o(

the clunking metal to metal type noise happens when im accelerating AND decelerating but mainly accelerating or simple put while im moving. its usually even more loud when im slowing down. if i hit the brakes a lil harder than usual it wont make the sound tho.

like as i speed up itll start off slow then faster and faster and when i slow down itll slow down too or not even make any noise!! i havent figured otu what it depends on with the loudness of it.

it just sounds like my car is falling apart. help! #-o

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aye yaya~ yeah like this happened out of nowhere. drove fine any other day. one day i start up my car and while i reversed out of my space i noticed it and kept driving it was there and im like ok this sucks... but not too long ago i ran over a dead deer on the highway somewhere in NC (it was that or hit the cement k rails) and that did no damage except leave deer hair and blood all under my passenger side #-o

wheels are tight... i thought maybe brakes. anybody in the rva area smart and nice enough to help me out one day? heck~ its winter who am i kidding nobody will help out. oh well...

thanks for the suggestions tho! ;o)

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Exhuast hanger broken or heat shielding on the exhausting coming loose possibly?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try putting the parking brake on lightly and see if the sound changes in any way when you drive it like that (only do this for a little while).

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
maybe it is your wheels even if they are "tight", i had that problem in my corolla, could not just be the lugs, but if the wheel is not centered etc etc, try taking off the wheel, check your studs to see if they are stripped or not, cause when tightening the lugs and cross threading, it may seem its getting tighter tho the stud may not be all the way in

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
^^ same thing happened to me after I took my car to tire kingdom. The never tightned the lugs enough and my wheel was wobbling. I caught it just in time to.

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm~ well to my knowledge it happened after i came back from atlanta from a drift event that i drove in and uhm..... oh yeah! nothign happened until a coupe of days afterwards i drove it and thats when the sound came in...

*update*

i drove my car today to grab some hot wendys to go and my enighrbohood has speed bumps :evil: well i noticed theknocking/clunking noise happens when i slow down/brake and while im slowly accelerating. but i noticed it more as i was slowing down or hit little bumps. its nothing noticeable from when i looked at it right quick from underneath.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
springy/bouncy noises are most likely the sway bar bushings. just lube them up with some grease and that should cure them.

do you feel the clunking in the shifter?

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it definitly sounds like something is broken from something or something is loose...

it happens no matter what whenever im moving or slowing down. clutch in or clutch out, gas brake dip dip :p i wish i could find the right words or have somebody ride with me... its ahrd to explain. even as my car is stopped sometimes it will keep going. then stop. but thats only sometimes. my car sorta sounds whiney but nothing out of the ordinary.

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i <3 hardgay!!! but yeah im so baffled by all of this and its embarrassing to drive sometimes. ive been driving topdown and blasting my music so i cant hear it but even then i hear it and almost feel it tapping on my ass. ugh*

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh well i dont think running over the animal knocked anything or has anythign to do with teh CEL. it was just my passenger side. i think i need to get my cat replaced or something... actually thats what a lot of fingers point to as far as my CEL goes. maybe after xmas ill be able to afford something new as far as my cat and exhaust goes ;oP

but yeah... all teh animal did to my car was leave deer hair and blood stains all underneath ;o(

update*** the clunking has gotten quieter and not as loud as it used to be.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
local miata guys usually meetup on Fridays at VCC, might want to see if they arent getting together this week and can take a peek.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I had a clunking noise coming from the rear of my car a while back. It got louder when I hit bumps. I replaced my brakes and I havent heard it since. When was the last time you changed your brakes? How close is your exhaust from your dif and how loose is your exhaust?

If you have jacks and jackstand, just jakc it up and investigate. I would help you if I live up there. If you have a video camera try to record it.

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well if ti were the brakes would you car feel any differently while braking?? my brakes arent as good caus ei know the pads are goen and so are teh rotors and i need SS lines but for the most part uhm... they just stop normally a lil sluggish but steering wheel doesnt shake or anythign of that sot. it justs ounds like a lose bar hitting against something.

i have to do brakes tho. thanks for the reminder!!

meets at VCC?? sheesh~ nobody invited me ;o(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts