ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the standard is 5702 hub.....but seems like there is no option but to cut/dremel part of it? Isn't that why we're paying the big bucks for a hub?

FYI - this is for a 1990 Canadian miata - no airbag.

I'm hoping there is a plug n play option (not the Finish Line one - don't need all the "functionality" since I don't have an airbag).

Any ideas? TIA.....

Maverick

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Finishline hub is the only plug and play one that I know of. I used an OMP hub that seemed to be of similar design to the Momo. It really wasn't that big a deal to open up for the pigtail. I just took a good 3/8" drill bit and drilled a couple of holes side by side and filed out the middle with a bastard file. Took maybe 20 minutes. The metal is really soft. I certainly feel fine paying $30 for that than $150CDN for the Finishline

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm ok with drilling holes....less skilled with the ol' dremel though.

Sounds like this might work.

Is there a model number for the OMP hub? Also, where did you get yours?

Thanks!!!

Maverick

·
Registered
971 Posts
eBay... Snag the HKB one. Under $25 shipped. like this one. No mods to the car, just have to drill 2 holes on the back for the turn signal cancel thingy.

Pics in my Sparco Ring post or clicky - http://public.fotki.com/relittle/miata/sparcoring/

You have to pull the part of the bottom (see my pics), drill the two new holes and bolt it all together.

Good post on Miata.net forum about the install. http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=172922
It has info about hooking up the horn without cutting the airbag connector off.

I had already cut the connector off for a previous install, so I didn't have to enlarge the opening.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
If you have a non-airbag car- there is no need to drill any holes or anything. The non-airbag car doesn't have a clockspring wire pass-thru. All it has is a conducting brass ring. Is that the case in your car? If this is the case then there is no need to do no dremeling. Just buy the $25 Ebay HKB hub and be done with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts