ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Sponsor
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been noticing that the trend in the tuner world has been slowly moving toward bigger rims. for cars like the miata what is the most common size rim that 'looks right' to you.

for me, i think i would pick 14's or 13's i just dig that vintage look with a lot of meat on the wheel. after browsing the rs-watanabe site even 15's are starting to look a little big for my tastes. (maybe i need to get my eyes checked) :|

·
Registered
692 Posts
15"s. not too big, not too small and just abrely clear my big brake kit. although 13"s look really hot.

·
'Bout dat life
4,106 Posts
i agree with you TG, i like the 14 and 13 inch wheels, except its a little harder to find good tires in that size.(or am i being too lazy to look around?)
sometimes the 15's look okay, like RPF1's. but i dig that classic look

·
Registered
592 Posts
I prefer the smallest wheel that will fit over the brakes. I may have to get some 14" Volks soon.
The tire selection is poor, but you have-
ES-100s A ggo dperformance/price ratio
Falken Azeni RT 615s Great grip but heavy
Hankook RS2s? I know the UHP Hamkook is made in 14s too lazy to find the exact model
Toyo T1Rs
Yoko A032Rs

·
Registered
75 Posts
i personally like the look of the 14" wheels. 15" looks a tad too big (IMO). but it really depends on the wheel.

this is a great topic as i'm trying to decide what wheels would suit my laguna blue. :)

kepani

·
Sponsor
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there was an article in super street that i was reading today and this guy had a hakosuka skyline w/ 15 inch black wats. after looking for a very long time i think i could sport 15s but they would have to be in black or something close to it. since the color matches the tires it seems like the rim isn't as big as it really is.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
for me, i think i would pick 14's or 13's i just dig that vintage look with a lot of meat on the wheel. after browsing the rs-watanabe site even 15's are starting to look a little big for my tastes. (maybe i need to get my eyes checked) :|
I think you're right- Wat's and panasports look better in 14". Any bigger than 14 and the spokes become a bit long. THe proportion is kind of lost.

Also Wat's look the best in the A or B casting. The F8 casting puts the spokes way too close to the front....

All IMHO of course :wink:

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
17 or 16 for show.............. 16-15-14 for street................ and 15-14-13 for race.

However, i was passed by my buddys Turbo NA6 on the street, and his 17" rims looked really good as he passed my by :twisted: He has a major tuck though. I think he rear tires are 235 too :shock:

PhatMiata

·
Registered
582 Posts
I love the 14's.. the thick tire look kinda grew in me. RT615195/60/14 is heavy but really love the looks of thick tire. plus comfortable arround town w/ 26 psi and cheap to buy tires..

·
Registered
239 Posts
14's for street

15's for drifting

13's for auto-x

anything bigger than 16's are overkill on a miata. too much unsprung weight is the suck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Except for the stock rims all my wheels are 15s. ranging from +28 Speeline for Nardi rims to my +40 ROTA Slipstreams. Need 15s to fit over my brakes.

Toti

·
Mufasa in Training
32,661 Posts
I like 14's, but that's mainly because I operate with stock brakes.

Basically, I like the smallest wheel I can fit over them...if I had NB Sport Package brakes, I'd have to go bigger, and would do so only as much as was absolutely necessary :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts