ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what kind off fenders these are ,

iam interessed in this car but without this plastic ? fenders !

can i put them away ?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Does that car have any special plaques or tags anywhere on it? It kinda looks like a mazdaspeed bumper/flare set. If so it is very rare. I wouldn't touch it.

If fender flares are installed properly the metal is cut out under the flare. This allows for more fender room. So if you pull them off you might had a big chunk cut out. Also if they have been on there for ~20 years; the paint will be totally different under the flair. Sun damage can change paint a lot. I think it would be in your best interest to just leave them on.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The car is from Germany so I asume the Flares are worth nothing and it was a hackjob that was absolutly unneccesary. Also note the front bumper.

But hey, I'm no expert on mazdaspeeds, it's a US Import so it might just be mazdaspeed one. But my generall experience with german "tuning" is that it's most of the time...worth nothing.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Looks like a m-1002 front, I think.

What's so hack job about the flares? They look really well installed to me. They even have the center line groove, and all panel lines meet up. Those some of the best fitted flares I have ever seen. If you are referring to the rubber trim around them, that is very common practice for flares. I just don't think you have experience with that sort of thing. A bondo'd on glassed smooth flare is doing it wrong. They break, crack, and look like turd. This looks like quality parts and fitment.

·
Registered
760 Posts
its a Postert kit from the 90s ! was pretty popular here in germany. almost every 2nd NA with a bodykit had one of those, the others had the Zender kit.

The fender flares belong to it, like the sideskirts , front and rear bumper, and the exhaust.

oh and btw: it has not been available since 1999.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Looks like a m-1002 front, I think.

What's so hack job about the flares? They look really well installed to me. They even have the center line groove, and all panel lines meet up. Those some of the best fitted flares I have ever seen. If you are referring to the rubber trim around them, that is very common practice for flares. I just don't think you have experience with that sort of thing. A bondo'd on glassed smooth flare is doing it wrong. They break, crack, and look like turd. This looks like quality parts and fitment.
was gonna say, those look factory and quite clean.

if you don't like them, i'd just sell the car and get another; it'd be counter productive to remove those as someone would probably pay top dollar for a car that clean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a Postert kit from the 90s ! was pretty popular here in germany. almost every 2nd NA with a bodykit had one of those, the others had the Zender kit.

The fender flares belong to it, like the sideskirts , front and rear bumper, and the exhaust.

oh and btw: it has not been available since 1999.

and the material of this kit is GFK ?

must fender cutted for this kit or can i remove it ?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
and the material of this kit is GFK ?

must fender cutted for this kit or can i remove it ?
If a flare was installed properly, it should be cut out under neath it. You will also need to replace the front bumper. If you did not notice, if flows into the flare. Without the flares it would be sticking out a few cm into no where.

No one can tell you how that was installed by starring at the outside, stick your head under the flare and see if the stock still exists. The paint is still going to be a problem regardless if the fenders were cut or not.

·
Registered
760 Posts
That is the AutoTry Body Kit from Japan mate, front bumper and side flares.

No it's not !!! i am from germany and i know my car and the parts you could get for it here ! and i'm into cars since more than 15 years now ! its a german Postert kit !
just use google.

@the others: the reason why this kit was so pricey is, it is TÜV proven, that means it has to go through several tests and they are very expensive. so the companys think they can sell that stuff extremly pricey. and yes it is GFK.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised if the fenders have not been cut up. Sure, quality fitting but it doesn't suprise me as the Kit came out of a era where people dropped insane amounts of money to have parts fitted and painted, which would make many of the lesser quality flares look good. Hackjob because I'm sure there went plenty of work in making the fittment as good as it is now. Probably unreversable or hard to take off so be careful if you plan to do so.

And what I also wanted to say was said in the post above me. I'm not wanting to get into any unneccesary fights over this, because that's really not what I wanted to do. So sorry if I offended anyone with my words.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I like that Postert kit! Drop some quality fogs into those holes and call the outside done.

Just find a stock NA to buy. If you own it, leave it alone.

The Zender, not so much. That, I'd replace with a stock front end.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts