ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this in the roadster muse thread and I want to know what kind of muffler these are? look like old jag or 2000gt mufflers.

just a brand or even a place to look will help, thanks

·
Supporting Member
12,262 Posts
I think that's a Pit Crew Racing exhaust but it's weird because I see what appears to be another tail pipe sticking out past the right side of the rear diffuser. PCR made several different styles of twin canister exhaust systems. If it's not PCR then it's one made by an obscure Roadster tuner who is no longer in the market place. Back in my early Road&Ster and HyperRev magazines I've seen a couple of different exhausts that were all like the PCR Clubman but I can't recall they're names right now. I've recently moved and my Roadster resources are all boxed up in the attic.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
I think that's a Pit Crew Racing exhaust but it's weird because I see what appears to be another tail pipe sticking out past the right side of the rear diffuser. PCR made several different styles of twin canister exhaust systems. If it's not PCR then it's one made by an obscure Roadster tuner who is no longer in the market place. Back in my early Road&Ster and HyperRev magazines I've seen a couple of different exhausts that were all like the PCR Clubman but I can't recall they're names right now. I've recently moved and my Roadster resources are all boxed up in the attic.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, then I looked at this pic http://carview-img8.bmcdn.jp/carlife/images/UserDiary/4245261/P1.jpg
same car, no pit-crew sticking out.......

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Maybe they just set the Pit Crew in for pics. Look at the angle of the tips and the angle of the pipes going into the canisters. It's just set thhere not hooked up.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This type of muffler was stock on 2000gt

Im more looking for the universal equivalent or even the name of that type of muffler.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
I dont know if they have a name, I think its more of an era....they are the style I think of when thinking about webbers and older ferrari's, alfas, jags, austin healeys, etc.

My dad has something similar on his 1960 sprite, his has about a 1.5-1.75 inch outlet and I know thats its considered "large bore"

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
closest i have seen to that is the one by PitCrew racing, other than that you would proabably have to fab something up for a Miata

·
Supporting Member
12,262 Posts
I don't know where you can get that style muffler to make your own custom exhaust but I'll look to see what I can find for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts