ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mirrors are these? Note the RHD driver's side has a different stalk than the passenger's side.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Not to mention its that Aston Martin wannabe bumper....which is ugly beyond belief.

The mirrors look like what I want....
So yeah, who makes them?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to mention its that Aston Martin wannabe bumper....which is ugly beyond belief.
Which is your opinion. Remember this place is supposed to be a more positive, kinder, gentler alternative to other forums. Obviously there will be many things on this site that will be divisive and not very popular with the masses. This place is a refuge from the close minded attitude experienced by many at other forums. Accordingly, we request that our members keep this place positive, e.g. if you don't like something give constructive criticism or better yet just don't say anything at all. Also it would be great if Club Roadster members could try to maintain a similar attitude when interacting with others outside of ClubRoadster.net whether that be a car meet or chatting with folks at other automotive forums and be an ambassador for how great this place is.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Which is your opinion. Remember this place is supposed to be a more positive, kinder, gentler alternative to other forums. Obviously there will be many things on this site that will be divisive and not very popular with the masses. This place is a refuge from the close minded attitude experienced by many at other forums. Accordingly, we request that our members keep this place positive, e.g. if you don't like something give constructive criticism or better yet just don't say anything at all. Also it would be great if Club Roadster members could try to maintain a similar attitude when interacting with others outside of ClubRoadster.net whether that be a car meet or chatting with folks at other automotive forums and be an ambassador for how great this place is.
i dont really think we need posts to tell us to behave. i think his opinion is something to be respected, i kinda like that front bumper and i take no offense in him thinking its ugly. i know youre a mod but it seems like youre denying him an opinion.

those mirrors look super sweet too, and i totally dig the different length stems.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I'm probably being overly sensitive because it's late, I'm tired, and suffering from insomnia. It's just that when everybody starts being expressive about the things they don't like it all goes downhill quick and all the negative posts tend to drown out the positive posts. I hate to use the expression, but when taken to its logical conclusion it ends up feeling like a forum where all people do is talk **** about what they hate about the way other people do their thing. While there are lots of things I don't like about what people do to their cars I'm mature enough to know that it doesn't do anybody any good for me to tell them that I think what they're doing is ugly or "I wouldn't do it but whatever floats your boat." Those kind of posts are like wasted space and impart a negative feeling. I come here to get away from negative feelings. Spread the jdm love.

·
3,857 Posts
I don't have an NB but I really like that bumper (on the NB)...

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
They didn't have the long neck version yet when I got mine :(
I like the short version much better than the long version. The long one looks like some kind of alien eyeball:

In any event, the range of adjustment on these mirrors are so good that I imagine you have to be very short to need those long arm set-backs.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Freedomgli, saying "its ugly" is a free and open-minded opinion. Keep in mind, if everyone said it was an awesome front bumper, that would be as close-minded as the "norm" of M.net saying high offset wheels are the only way to go, and low offset wheels are worthless. Its all technically based on how you view it. However, I'm not going to take any offense to it b/c well...I can understand you being exhausted. I had a similar situation b/c of my former job....thank God I quit. But yes, next time I will be nicer in my choice of words. Thank you for calling that out. (seriously)

In reference to this thread though, I don't believe those are Craft Square mirrors. The British Racing ones listed on their site don't have the same neck as the ones in the photo, from what I can tell.
Compare for yourself:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.craftsquare.co.jp/tc_top.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=4&ct=result&prev=/search?q=craft+square+mirrors&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=CRC&sa=G

Oh, and the headlights they have for the NB look SCHWEET!!!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
raen419 I appreciate you not taking offense as it wasn't my intent to publicly castigate you. Rather I was just trying use your post in an attempt to influence the overall tone of the forum through gentle prodding. I know it might be hard to resolve the desire for this place to be "open minded" with the desire for people to "keep it positive". While being open minded includes the right to form one's own opinion about a subject I don't think that it includes the right to publicly express all opinions on a given subject matter. I think that Club Roadster is a very informative site that shows the vastness of Roadster tuning. As our site grows we will undoubtedly attract more and more members. It is our goal to be nice and accepting of all of them. We will do our best to be polite, show them the light, and let them decide for themselves how to best enjoy their Roadster lifestyle.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the tips everybody. The mirrors on the Car Make Corn's car with Barchetta Aston look front bumper are indeed from Zoom Engineering. They are available in long arm and short arm configurations for both NA and NB Roadsters in either regular carbon fiber or silver carbon fiber. I think you might have to special order if you want one long arm and one standard arm as shown.

Short arm version for NA (regular carbon fiber)

Long arm version for NA (regular carbon fiber)

Short arm version for NA (silver carbon fiber)

Long arm version for NA (silver carbon fiber)

Short? arm version for NB (regular carbon fiber) looks much different than NA version

Long arm version for NB (regular carbon fiber)

Long arm version for NB (silver carbon fiber)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts