ClubRoadster.net banner

What seats do YOU have?

717K views 2K replies 610 participants last post by  imstuner 
#1 ·
I'm in search for seats that will work with my mazdaspeed NRA rollcage.

I have noticed there are alot of scattered "does anyone have this or that seat"

So, why not create a seat thread?

Give us all the info, ie.

What seat(s) i have/had:
What rails i have/had:
What build it fits:
Price:
and a picture.

I'll start

What seat(s) i have/had: 2 sparco sprints, mazdaspeed, Stock presently.
What rails i had: Sparcos went on stock rails, mazdaspeed had bride rails.
What build it fits: sprint - bigger build, i'm 185cm and 90kg, fit snug, mazdaspeed, smaller build, i barely fit in the thing.
Price: Sprints can be had at $250 AUD, mazdaspeed i got for $400 AUD with rails.

sprints

Mazdaspeed

See less See more
#4 ·
What seat(s) i have/had: memory fab s68
What rails i have/had:memoryfab "super low rails"
What build it fits: I'm around 5' 10" & 275....I can SQUEEZE my big ass into it....barely LOL
Price: around 625 + shipping/tax (new) for the same setup

and a picture: coming soon

#9 · (Edited)
What seat(s) i have/had: Corbeau, Recaro SPG Profi, Bride Zeta III type L
What rails i have/had: Corbeau Rails, Miata Rails /w brackets for Recaro, Custom L brackets bolting Recaro to the floor, and Bride LR Rails ?
What build it fits: Recaro SPG-Profi = 30-34" Slender Build. Bride Zeta III Type L 34-36" Waist, I'm 6'1" Slender Build and have a ghetto booty (girl im dating tells me this....;)) Fits well, a little difficult to get in and out of the car... definitely need a removable steering wheel. Leg bolsters are high, but knee bolsters are low.
Price: $700+ for the seat ? I don't remember what i paid. Rails came with the car.

#10 ·
Haigog where'd you get your seats? I saw a clamshell hinge install on an Elise and when I saw the seats I couldn't believe how thin they were! I then googled/ebay'd for them and couldn't find squat... Do you have to just get lucky?

#11 ·
What seat(s) i have/had: Recaro SPG, Bride Zeta III, Bride Gias
What rails i have/had: Bride Rails, Recaro Rails
What build it fits: SPG and Zeta III hits the door panel. The Zeta III really badly. Even with the door panel off it still touches a bit. Both Bride and Recaro rails sit way too high.

#16 ·
What seat(s) i have/had: Sparco sprint 5 in black
What rails i have/had: No rails ... wil custom mount it to the floor
What build it fits: Im 6'1" 155 andi fit perfectly and my buddy who's 38" waist fit perfetly in it too!
Price: 375CAD :D

Pics coming soon when it'll be mounted, it his now sitting on my floor :D Using it as a TV chair

#22 ·
What seat(s) i have/had: Sparco Rev.
What rails i have/had: Memoryfab super low
What build it fits: Im about 5'8, 130 lbs, and with the butt cushion i can hit my head if i really tried on the hard top, i cant hit my head on the soft top. I sit relatively upright though

#23 ·
What seat(s) I have: Momo 1000 Lakes kevlar/carbon WRC seat.
What rails: 1/4" steel (don't ask why so thick) non adjustable.
What build it fits: up to about 150 lbs and up to about 6'2" tall. I'm a little over 150 now and am 5'10" and the seat is rather tight. But I could be *taller* and still fit.
Price: It's an old seat. When new, I believe these sold for $1000+. They were Momo's top of the line rally seat. Now the FiA labels have all expired on these seats and they go for a few hundred maybe. I think mine has a 1998 sticker on the side... I use it for autocross or track days.

What seat(s) I have: Lotus Elise Probax
What rails: Stock NA sliders with stuff welded to them.
What build it fits: As before, I'm 5'10", 152, 32" waist, 32" inseam. The Lotus seats fit me perfectly as far as height. The headrest is just perfect. The seatback and bottom are a little loose on my small frame. I could be 10-20 lbs heavier and fit in them a little better.
Price: Whatever you can find them for on the lotustalk forums. I paid around $700 for the two Probax if I remember right. Non-probax sell for less.

all of my Elise seat stuff is on my blog.
http://revlimiter.net/blog/tag/lotus-elise-seats/

#27 ·
What seat(s) I have/had: Bride Vios III "Low Max"
What rails I have/had: Bride LF-type Rail
What build it fits: Up to 32-33" waist, people larger than that complain when sitting in it and say it's too small.
Price: Seat = Free / Rail = $150 / Harness = $50

I have the seat on the mid-height position of the rail and it's definitely a lot lower than OEM. I'm 6'0" and my eyes are about level with mid-pillar and my head clears the rollbar by a mile. My legs clear the 350mm steering wheel with no problem.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.