ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 2145 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in search for seats that will work with my mazdaspeed NRA rollcage.

I have noticed there are alot of scattered "does anyone have this or that seat"

So, why not create a seat thread?

Give us all the info, ie.

What seat(s) i have/had:
What rails i have/had:
What build it fits:
Price:
and a picture.

I'll start

What seat(s) i have/had: 2 sparco sprints, mazdaspeed, Stock presently.
What rails i had: Sparcos went on stock rails, mazdaspeed had bride rails.
What build it fits: sprint - bigger build, i'm 185cm and 90kg, fit snug, mazdaspeed, smaller build, i barely fit in the thing.
Price: Sprints can be had at $250 AUD, mazdaspeed i got for $400 AUD with rails.

sprints

Mazdaspeed

·
SuperMOD
7,045 Posts
I see you put the smaller seat as the passenger seat so you can politely decline all the fatty boom-booms. smart man.

·
Hardparker Extraordinaire
3,388 Posts
What seat(s) i have/had: memory fab s68
What rails i have/had:memoryfab "super low rails"
What build it fits: I'm around 5' 10" & 275....I can SQUEEZE my big ass into it....barely LOL
Price: around 625 + shipping/tax (new) for the same setup

and a picture: coming soon

·
SuperMOD
7,045 Posts
Hahah. you've forgotten i'm RHD.
I was looking at the first pic...that's the mazdaspeed in the passenger area isn't it?

Anyway:
What seat(s) i have/had: Lotus elise
What rails i have/had:custom fixed brackets
What build it fits: 6'2", 250, and I still fit totally comfortably, easy to get in/out of also.
Price: 600shipped for the pair. Another 200 or so for the brackets.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
What seat(s) i have: Custom Retro I call "Nakamura Ako"
What rails i have: Corbeau bottom mount (direct bolt on)
What build it fits: Darkdrifters...nuff said
Price: approx $600 for both seats and rails

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
What seat(s) i have/had: Corbeau, Recaro SPG Profi, Bride Zeta III type L
What rails i have/had: Corbeau Rails, Miata Rails /w brackets for Recaro, Custom L brackets bolting Recaro to the floor, and Bride LR Rails ?
What build it fits: Recaro SPG-Profi = 30-34" Slender Build. Bride Zeta III Type L 34-36" Waist, I'm 6'1" Slender Build and have a ghetto booty (girl im dating tells me this....;)) Fits well, a little difficult to get in and out of the car... definitely need a removable steering wheel. Leg bolsters are high, but knee bolsters are low.
Price: $700+ for the seat ? I don't remember what i paid. Rails came with the car.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Haigog where'd you get your seats? I saw a clamshell hinge install on an Elise and when I saw the seats I couldn't believe how thin they were! I then googled/ebay'd for them and couldn't find squat... Do you have to just get lucky?

·
Registered
587 Posts
What seat(s) i have/had: Recaro SPG, Bride Zeta III, Bride Gias
What rails i have/had: Bride Rails, Recaro Rails
What build it fits: SPG and Zeta III hits the door panel. The Zeta III really badly. Even with the door panel off it still touches a bit. Both Bride and Recaro rails sit way too high.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What seat(s) i have/had: Recaro SPG, Bride Zeta III, Bride Gias
What rails i have/had: Bride Rails, Recaro Rails
What build it fits: SPG and Zeta III hits the door panel. The Zeta III really badly. Even with the door panel off it still touches a bit. Both Bride and Recaro rails sit way too high.
I'd love to see pictures of the bride gias in the cabin, i am thinking of getting a similar seat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love those seats! Were they a one-off? What were they built from?

What seat(s) i have: Custom Retro I call "Nakamura Ako"
What rails i have: Corbeau bottom mount (direct bolt in)
What build it fits: Darkdrifters...nuff said
Price: approx $600

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'd love to see pictures of the bride gias in the cabin, i am thinking of getting a similar seat.
search some recent threads... I posted a link to a Japanese site with detailed pics of how the Gias fits in an NB.

Haigog where'd you get your seats? I saw a clamshell hinge install on an Elise and when I saw the seats I couldn't believe how thin they were! I then googled/ebay'd for them and couldn't find squat... Do you have to just get lucky?
Check the elise seats thread... they pop up on elisetalk.com all the time. Elise guys upgrade to Exige seats or racing buckets and sell them off. They're the ideal Miata street seat... they're just a pain to mount...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
What seat(s) i have/had: Sparco sprint 5 in black
What rails i have/had: No rails ... wil custom mount it to the floor
What build it fits: Im 6'1" 155 andi fit perfectly and my buddy who's 38" waist fit perfetly in it too!
Price: 375CAD :D

Pics coming soon when it'll be mounted, it his now sitting on my floor :D Using it as a TV chair

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
search some recent threads... I posted a link to a Japanese site with detailed pics of how the Gias fits in an NB.

Check the elise seats thread... they pop up on elisetalk.com all the time. Elise guys upgrade to Exige seats or racing buckets and sell them off. They're the ideal Miata street seat... they're just a pain to mount...
I have done a search, the cage in the red nb is almost (if not the same) as mine, however mine has a harness mount on the middle points, whereas his is on the seat belt tower.

I'd still prefer a fixed bucket though.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
What seat(s) i have/had: Mazdaspeed Sports seats
What rails i have/had: No idea, came with them
What build it fits: Im 5'9" and 55kg and if anything it's a little big.

1 - 20 of 2145 Posts