ClubRoadster.net banner

2101 - 2120 of 2147 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
You can pad your seat with memory foam if you have the space.

What are your dimensions? There are a lot of factors for fitting the seats...

Did the upholstery foam. Glued the foam on the back and sides. Built up a later in the buttom as well. Still move too much in the 17" ultrashield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Anybody know of any brown leather seats other than the OEMs that will fit nicely and don't cost an arm and a leg?

My Ultrashield 17" Rally are have limited edition brown covers. I hate it. If I get other seats, you are welcome to buy these. I'll post a pic shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a Corn's car make seat in my NA8 with custom cyan stitching - am in the process of placing an order for another one for the passenger's side.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a Corn's car make seat in my NA8 with custom cyan stitching - am in the process of placing an order for another one for the passenger's side.
How do you like the fit? I sat in one at their shop in Tokyo and ruled it out for my size (6' and 170lb). Went with Nakamae but think I actually may have fit. You should share some pics!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
How do you like the fit? I sat in one at their shop in Tokyo and ruled it out for my size (6' and 170lb). Went with Nakamae but think I actually may have fit. You should share some pics!!
I'll share some photos in the next couple of days. I'm 185cm (6'1") and around 80kg (176lb) so expect of similar build to you. It's a very cosy fit and certainly I wouldn't want to be any wider in the hips/belly. They are very high quality seats with suede and fabric finish and very high quality stitching.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A couple of more picture of my Corn's Car Make seat. My quick measurement doesn't see this seat drop a great deal from the standard seat - about 20mm.

corns2.jpg

corns3.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Seems like most of the gain (loss) in seated height is because you lose a seat cushion. You're sitting on the bottom of the seat.
Agree - but they are still very comfortable from my perspective and the quality and looks does it for me (so much in fact that I have ordered a passenger side as well).

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,200 Posts
Put these in today:

NB2 seats so an upgrade over stock. A slight downgrade from my Recaro LX-Cs as far as holding ass in seat goes, but an improvement for long trip comfort. These are what I will be using for my trip to MATG in August. At some point I will probably recover these and add some heaters since I like to drive when it's really cold out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure if questions are allowed in the stickied thread, but here goes.

Im seeing most peoples aftermarket seats on a fixed bracket that can't be adjusted. Is that common across the board for aftermarket seats? I feel like having to give up the front to back seat adjustment would be too much of a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
183 Posts

I managed to score a seat from an Autozam AZ-1 in reasonable condition. Fixed back bucket, plastic shelled with removable seat cushion ripe for foamectomy for that little extra low.
Uses the same rails as an mx5/miata so drops right in and seats you nice and low.
Came with the obligatory japenese coin under cushion too.
Could probably do with a refresh but super supportive for a street seat and well comfy as it is.
Apologies for crap phone pic.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dan at www.Jdmparts.rupewrecht.com sourced it from Japan.
He recently had another pair of red seats advertised on his gumtree listing (think aussie version of craiglist more or less). I'm pretty sure he can sort shipment to the U.S. easy enough.
Awesome guy to deal with and always has stacks of neat gear including rare jdm pieces and a heap of sweet wheels.
May just earn me a discount for the free plug.

Edit: yep one red Autozam seat for $463 AUD on there now.
Similar to certain other limited edition mx5 seats, b spec perhaps?

2101 - 2120 of 2147 Posts