ClubRoadster.net banner

1861 - 1880 of 2145 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Well it feels awkward because of how tall the receivers are.
I bought nb receivers (rob includes a spacer that bolts the receiver to the bracket) but it turns out nb receivers only take nb belts. I'll get a set eventually.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Used S2000 leather seats make a good choice you can pick a pair of good used ones from a breakers yard for the cost of 1 aftermarket seat and very easy to fit just swap the seat pans and drill 1 hole for the recliners then you use the mazda handles and rails for a perfect fit ,they also tipp forward like they should.
( getting rid of style bar for roll bar that will come inline with top of seats )

http://imageshack.com/a/img840/4471/gbo5.jpg

·
Registered
619 Posts
Cipher does sell certified harnesses. So maybe the seats aren't so bad? The sliders are junk though, single locking and seem like the junk ebay seats have.

They really aren't much cheaper than the corbeaus they copy. Not sure saving under $200 is worth the gamble.
True dat

·
Registered
45 Posts

Mazdaspeed reclinable. I'm a bit small for the seat, 5'4" 56kg, 30 waist. But I find it much more comfortable than the stock NA6 seat, and with decent leg bolsters and lumbar support, it is good enough for a spirited drive in the mountains.

where can i source a pair of these?

·
Mufasa in Training
31,442 Posts
thanks dood! it never occured to me to search an entire country for some seats. anybody have some useful info, like model and year, or maybe a website/company that might be able to help me locate them.
Yahoo Japan has auctions, but...
PM tetsuyagarage.
...This would be your best bet.

Be prepared to open your wallet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks good. Do you have a DIY of the mods you did. I want these or Elise seats in my NB.
its an easy job changing the seat pans .
1. remove the lower section from seat
2, remove seat rails and take out hog rings
3, remove seat cusion and foam from pan
4, now do the same on s2000 seat
5, mazda pan is a bit deeper so you will need bit of foam of old cusion
6, fit the s2000 foam /cusion to mazda pan put a small split in cusion for pivot arm to come through take dimensions off old mazda cusion for location
7, streach honda cusion on mazda seat pan and reuse hog rings (i used tie wraps) need to drill small holes to pick up some seat tags
8, refit mazda rails and recliners
9, offer up the s2000 seat back the top hole will line up but the bottom hole will need re drilling 10mm on the mazda recline arm its a bit longer on the honda
10, put 10mm bolt through seat pivot on other side
11, all done re fit to car ( took couple hours 1st seat about an hour 2nd one )

·
Registered
190 Posts
Anyone with Status Racing Ring Seats??
They are SO comfy. For real, a lot of seats don't feel all that great like they were made for some generic guy and so when they are sized up (I am a built bigger and have a long torso) they just size it up. That is all. Not status seats. I could sleep in a status seat. Sadly though I have never driven in one.. I desperately want to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What seat(s) i have/had: Recaro Pole Position
What rails i have/had: Kazespec Engineering v1 Gen.2
What build it fits: I'd say anyone between 5'5" - 6'2" with a waist between 30"-38" would fit comfortably.
Price: Seats are roughly $650-800. The mounts were around $200.

I love and highly recommend these seats. I picked up my passenger seat about 6 years ago for my 240sx and daily drove in it for 4 of those years. The seat in the driver's side was picked up last fall. Between all the seats I've seen that get used daily, I've never seen Recaros get worn down as bad as some Brides and Sparcos I've seen.

As for fitment, it's a tight fit. On the driver's side the transmission tunnel needs to be beat in a bit and the seat touches the door panel at it's widest point. Passenger side fits a bit better. Didn't have much issues mounting that side.

Recaro Pole Positions by bcuison, on Flickr

1861 - 1880 of 2145 Posts