ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this 15x8 set of Jongbloed 213 wheels for about 3 years now. I received them when I sold the 73 Celica as an extra throw-in to sweeten the deal.

Problem is, it's not a complete set. I have 3 out of 4 wheels and they're apparently IMPOSSIBLE to find(trust me, I've looked aha). I've even contact Jongbloed directly and while they still service and can even rebarrel the wheels for me(helpful since I live 20min from them), they had no leads on where I could get the 4th to complete my set.

So now I'm torn. Do I keep searching for what seems like a literal needle in a haystack then get the wheels serviced and widened to go on my car or do I sell them for a decent profit, but not nearly as much as I could get for a complete set?

For those that don't know the Jongbloed 213 wheels are a 3PC Magnesium center racing wheel that was produced in the late 70s through early 80s. VERY high quality, VERY lightweight, and they look great(especially with some dish).

So what say you, ClubRoadster brothers and sisters?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
As a man who understands your struggle better than most (I've been trying to find a fourth Racing Hart CP035 in 17x9.5 +43 for almost a year)...I always vote for keep & try to finish the set.

BUT, only if you really want to use the wheels, if they aren't your actual dream wheel, sell them IMO.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As a man who understands your struggle better than most (I've been trying to find a fourth Racing Hart CP035 in 17x9.5 +43 for almost a year)...I always vote for keep & try to finish the set.

BUT, only if you really want to use the wheels, if they aren't your actual dream wheel, sell them IMO.
They definitely aren't my "dream" wheel but I would LOVE to complete the set, get them serviced and widened and see how much I'm feeling the look/feel on my car. True Magnesium wheels are few and far between and having a very rare set is appealing.

Put one up for sale at a time at some ludicrous price and see what happens. Unless you really do want them, then hang onto them and see what pops up. Someone else out there is in your position probably and wondering what to do.
Might be the best(most logical option) to go with at this point.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/wto/d/3-piece-rims/6708079749.html I mean, here's a set of 16s. They're out there. Paying a ludicrous amount of money for something that'll never be the real thing seems pretty ridiculous to me.

If you want the wheels keep being patient. If you want to sell them do it one at a time IMO.
The 16inch variant were made in a lot more numbers than the 15inch wheels were and that's if that ad is even legit. All I see are different pictures of different cars with different looking 213 wheels on them.

And I'm pretty sure he's only selling 2 wheels for that price as I've seen sets of 4 of these for sale in like 2009-2012 going for $2500-$3000, especially in the condition that the wheels pictured are in. They'd have no reason to drop in price that drastically in 8yrs or so, if anything they'd only cost more now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts