ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard a big "bang" last night and I can hear my car's alarm went off. I rushed out and I saw my passenger side glass was shattered . I didn't see the theif and nothing was stolen.

I think my car can get some attention, my car currently has

1) hardtop
2) lowered by coilovers
3) Enkei 15" RP-F1s
4) kinda shiny black paint

I don't have a garage and I parked on the street every night. What would you suggest I do? Sell the car and get a economy car, which I don't really want to do? Even the car is fixed, the theif can still always come back and may be comes with a smarter move next time.

I don't know what to do. Help needed.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Seems you have several choices.

1. Take your chances assuming it was an isolated incident.
2. Park somewhere else. (Preferably well lit or secure)
3. Sell your car as you said.
4. Move.

It's possible it was a small time crook who was scared off when he set your alarm off. Do you have a blinking light indicating an alarm?

You didn't indicate where you live but in Texas you can actually use lethal force to protect property. :shock:

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm thinking it was an isolated incident. Did you find anything nearby that could have broke the glass? I really dont think that this was anything involving trying to steal the car just for the simple fact that the passenger glass was broke... what stupid idiot tries to steal a car from the passenger side. Amateurs... sheesh, anyways. If it was just some punk kid trying to get your radio or something, I venture to say that you will be fairly safe from future attempts bc they now know that you have an alarm. My suggestion is to get everything fixed and move on. Dont worry too much.

-Jeremy

·
4,436 Posts
Look - dont let this sway you from enjoying the car you love - dont let these pricks ruin your fan. Invest in an inexpensive remote/alarm - especially at night. Should anyone tamper with your car, you'll know. Theives hate to be caught in the act and they will move in. I had same thing happen - then got a remote alarm and they came back - passed on my car - got into a BMW and were caught red handed by me neighbor (Highway Patrol officer).

·
Registered
369 Posts
I agree get an alarm, dont let them ruin your love for your car. Theives don't like our cars very much because often they are after parts or stereo stuff, well we cant fit much in our trunks, and most of our parts only work for miatas, where as hondas can be used on almost all hondas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for every help.

I do have an alarm which has a blink led on my center console and it's pretty obvious. Also, my hardtop is already secured by a pair of home made plate.

Now I m thinking parking my car on a bigger street which is few blocks away, and adding a steering lock. What do you think?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I wouldnt park further away... that renders the alarm useless to you. Just think, how much attention do you pay when someone else's alarm goes off? I would add the steering lock if it makes you feel better. However i would suggest one of those brake/clutch lock thingies... dont know what they are called and im too tired to google it. Reason i say this is cause steering wheels are easily cut to remove the lock. Try not to get too worked up over this and end up spending useless money.

-Jeremy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts