ClubRoadster.net banner

What should I do?

4K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Skinnyroadster 
#1 ·
Keep my red roadster with the tuckin99 wide arches:

or buy this black one:

and add the rear bumper from this car:

these drag dr20 wheels (work equip rip offs until i can afford the £1.3k i have been quoted for the real thing):

and these arches:

What do you guys think? Obviously the roll bar would be transfered across. The major problem is that the wheels make look a bit gash under wide arches even with spacers.

See less See more
#2 ·
Is your car a 1.8 or 1.6 (thought only 1.8 cars are offered in europe)? What about the black one?

Does the hardtop come with the black miata?

Whats the milage difference?

Do either cars have a Torsen?

Personally, I love the Tuckin99 flares (want a set for myself). So I would stay with the red one, unless you can replace the flares cheap. Then grab the black one, enjoy the hardtop and modify to your liking.

#3 ·
They are both imported jap 1.6s. The mileage is about 10k less on the black one and the black one comes with the hardtop.

My current one has fujitsubo manifold, apexi safc, larini duals, bilstein s-special shocks, fatcat bumpstops and eibach springs. Where as the black one is standard apart from a mazdaspeed exhaust and a fm/kyb agx suspension.

I'd like to stick with the tuckin99 arches but the lifestyle arches are way cheaper to import from the us with the £ how it is and the wheels would look even worse with the larger arches i'd guess.

#4 ·
To me it seems like you have built up a pretty decent package with the red one.

I would just start looking for a hardtop for the red one. It seems like for the money you would be putting into the black one you could buy a hardtop.

10k Miles will not make that much of a difference. I think the wheels would not look right with the flares

#5 ·
I would stick with the red with the Tuckin99 flares, looks like you will lose money if you trade over to the black one. Just buy a hard top. By the way do you know who makes that flush rear valence on the other red miata?

Cheers,
Joel

#6 ·
not sure who the bumpers made by, its some small jap company but a guy on mx5nutz called roadster says he has a mold for them although not overly keen on making them. I'm sure he uses this forum but here's the thread in which the bumper appeared:
http://mx5nutz.drmryan.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=3301&hl=
i think you guys are right, its probably best to keep going with the red one rather than start from scratch again (although a lot of the work had already been done on the red one when i got it).

#10 ·
#16 ·
The red car w/ N2 flares looks great! You can fill some of the wheel well gap by going to 195/55/15 or 225/50/15 tires.

Also- the rear spoiler on the red car is a factory spoiler. Not my favorite, but there is nothing really wrong with it neither. I would add a B-lip in the front though. It looks kind of lacking there ;)

#21 ·
cheers for the comments, the red car it is then. cheesefries, i think you summed the situation up perfectly really.
Tuckin99 flares and SSR mesh or bootleg flares and knock-off wheels? Have you lost your mind? Throw a hardtop, GV lip, and APR wing on your car and rule the world.
I'll be changing the rear tyres soon so i'll experiment with larger rubber (have just changed the fronts about 2 weeks ago, gutted i didn't find this place before then!). I'm going to get a lip at some point soon, hoping to get either a chargespeed or tuckin99 one as everyone seems to be getting the gv ones at the moment. Bit annoyed i put duals on the car when i first got it (i'd probably be shot if i told you what exhaust i got rid of) so i'll stay on the look out for a single exit as i'm sure the mx5oc would give me a good price for the larini.

#24 ·
I always had the impression that the front N2 flares are bigger than the rear...
The picture below seems to prove that too...
Just to verify, how thick spacers you are currently running? Do you have the same size spacers in the front too? You see I don't get it, why the rear wheel flash the fender (OK almost) and the front one is buried in the fender well...

#25 ·
By the way the red car looks awesome so - as everyone said - keep your car!

Also Simpson Design makes a very similar rear bumper, Bill Wilner and David Woolery have it in their cars...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.