ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy Falken Azenis RT615s for my 1994 turbo Miata. I don't know what size will fit without too much rubbing.

205/40R16
215/45R16
225/50R16

Car is lowered on older FM springs with KYB AGX shocks.
16" BBS RKs 7" wide, wheel is stamped 7Jx16H2

Currently wrapped with the worst tires ever, Yokohama ES100s 205 45 R16.

Here's some pictures of ride height and a shot from the rear showing some clearance. Sorry I don't have any good suspension and splash guard clearance shots of the front.

http://chimcham.com/turbomiata/turbomiata.html

I haven't used the RT615s but went through quite a few sets of the old compound and loved them to death on N/A NAs with stock 14"ers.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
The 205/40/16 will keep your stock diameter. It sucks they only make 225 in a 50 profile for the 16 in. I have 16x7 advan rg II and ended up running the 205 just so I can keep the diameter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, guys. I'm going to try the 215s as the 205s just seem abnormally thin even for a 205 series.

·
Registered
402 Posts
205/40-16 is the fastest Azenis size for Autocross. I'd go with that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, the Azenis RT 615 is an awesome tire, I had them on my Miata.

Mine were 205/50/15 on a 15x6.5 rim, lowered on Eibach pro kit and KYB AGX, and I was rubbing during hard cornering.

They are a naturally beefy tire by design I think. The extra contact patch may help a little bit but I think that most street Miatas are light enough that they do not heat up the tire enough to take full advantage of a larger contact patch. Perhaps that is why the Autocrossers have the best luck with the 205 width size.

However, your car may very well be able to heat up tires of this size since it has all the Turbo Powa!

You'll be happy with whatever diameter you get though, they are very impressive tires if you ask me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts