ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. i don't know all of you and i thought it be cool if everyone could post what suspension they run and what they think of it.

i have blown stock shocks and espiler springs... nice and bouncy... i do have AGX in my closet just need to find a weekend where i can install them.

so.. what do you all have?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I am running unknown springs on Koni shocks, with unknown sway bars, an unknown alignment on trashed stock bushings.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm running TEIN Flex, with 9kg front springs, and 6kg rear springs. I'm running stock sways, and I'm considering dropping the rear sway, and putting in 7kg rear sways. The car sees mostly autox and track days now - if it's on the street, it's usually only to get it to an event.

The TEIN's are really very nice - they allow you to run quite low, while retaining full travel. Set them on soft, and they're not too uncomfortable on the street - set them on full stiff, and it rides like a gokart. In terms of handling, they really settle the car, even through bumps. I'd recommend 'em.

Cheers!

Jeff

·
Registered
405 Posts
Im running koni yellows with 500 front and 300 rear(which is aprox 9k and 6k). FM hollow front bar, no rear(though I finally recieved my adjustible endlinks to reatach the stock rear bar). Mazdas polyurithane bushing kit and FM tower mounts with a corksport strutbar. I also have some brainstorm lower braces waiting to go on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
so far

bilstein - which were horrible
cusco coilovers - which broke AS i lowered the car on the floor
now kyb ajx with rb springs

·
Registered
592 Posts
TEINs enroute. Then, poly bushings, and a real alignment. Un decided on the bars, probablly RBs, hollow front w/ end links and reinforcing kit. Top it off with the Okuyama triangle brace.
I am going to hold of on the Manatee A arms though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i forgot to mention the other bits i have... i guess when i wrote this thread it was kinda late and was only thinking of coil overs/springs/shocks... things like that.....

i have suspension technique sway bars, RB end links and RB front sway bar brace

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
im currently running Tanabe SusTec Pro-Street ride height adjustable coilovers, with pillow-ball upper mounts on all 4 corners.

Got them back in 1999, back then there was not many options in the USA, had them imported through Mackin Industries. They are still very good, but dont offer much room for rebound, and im too lazy to bring the ride height back up from the 2" drop i have now. Im eyeing a set of JIC, or Ohlins for my next purchase, but suspension is on the back burner right now. Trying to finish the interior, and work on the Turbo now.

PhatMiata

·
Registered
369 Posts
Miata2nv said:
I am using KYB AGX's with Eibach Pro kit springs. The ride is pretty stiff even on 1 (the AGX's softest setting).
same thing here. The ride is a little harsh but I live with it, The g.f on the other hand is starting to get a little angry :p

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Hey Rod........... who owns that pimped out purple/blueish miata on the big island over there? The one with the Tuckin99 overfenders? Send him to us, he must be transfered here for RoadsterJDM assimilation. :twisted:

BTW did JDMMX5 ever sell his Miata?

PhatMiata

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have Bilstein HD's with Racing Beat Street springs with Koenig Rewinds wrapped in Falken ZIEX 512 (I consider wheel and tire to be a part of the suspension). Minimal lowering, but my old suspension was so clapped out that my car retained the same height after everything was installed.

I like the ride, just punishing enough to keep my attention, but not so much so that my wife would punch me after making her take it to work.

·
3,542 Posts
Phatmiata said:
Hey Rod........... who owns that pimped out purple/blueish miata on the big island over there? The one with the Tuckin99 overfenders? Send him to us, he must be transfered here for RoadsterJDM assimilation. :twisted:

PhatMiata
Hey Rod,

Ever see this Miata on the big island? I had it for a year in Oahu and sold it to a guy who owned a chocolate farm or something :wink:

Greg

1 - 20 of 114 Posts