ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
That explains it. When you were around 3 years old to about 7, this was the absolute rage. Custom errythang. Head light swaps, two tone vinyl interior, 28 subwoofers with custom fiberglass enclosures. Then the "JDM" craze hit and it was all about minimalism and the "clean" look.

Life was so simple back then. Lol. Damn I'm old.

·
Registered
931 Posts
i am not ashamed to admit that back in 2000 i thought this stuff was freaking mother-effing awesome.

this caliber of a build would have been ridiculous expensive.

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
That explains it. When you were around 3 years old to about 7, this was the absolute rage. Custom errythang. Head light swaps, two tone vinyl interior, 28 subwoofers with custom fiberglass enclosures. Then the "JDM" craze hit and it was all about minimalism and the "clean" look.

Life was so simple back then. Lol. Damn I'm old.
Well summed. I'm only 24 but I used to watch vhs tapes of HIN, there was people break dancing, techno, wet t-shirt contests and cotton lining wheel wells. 6 years doesn't put me and OP that far apart does it?

It was just a different era
http://stickydiljoe.com/2012/05/11/exclusive-content-the-import-car-show-scene-from-99-2001/

·
Registered
153 Posts
i am not ashamed to admit that back in 2000 i thought this stuff was freaking mother-effing awesome.

this caliber of a build would have been ridiculous expensive.

^+pretty much anyone who grew up during the "fast and the furious" "hot import nights" era knew that back then this was considered cool.

If you remember before skunk2 it was called skunkworks and hot import nights was also about break-dancing techno music and before it went mainstream...
you're old enough to understand. :lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts
yo
lemme learn some of you muther fuckers on some **** that really fucking bothers me.

a lot of you like to link craigslist ads stating that they're funny, or dumb, or have exorbitant prices, or with a car which looks atrocious, or whatever...

can you assholes please start screenshotting the text and the pics? host em. and put em in img tags.

otherwise, you're a piece of ****.
and the people you're trying to make fun of are only just one lesser piece of **** than you are.
I was browsing CR on my phone and as I read this I jumped out of bed and frantically waved my hand at the screen mouthing "YES! YES! YES! YES!". Had to whip out my computer just to reply to this.
Am I bumping a thread that is not relevant anymore? Yes. But even if just a single one of you ad-linkers scrolls through this thread and realizes just what a pain in the arse he becomes to everyone who stumbles upon the thread even just a month later, I'll have done good.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,350 Posts
I was browsing CR on my phone and as I read this I jumped out of bed and frantically waved my hand at the screen mouthing "YES! YES! YES! YES!". Had to whip out my computer just to reply to this.
Am I bumping a thread that is not relevant anymore? Yes. But even if just a single one of you ad-linkers scrolls through this thread and realizes just what a pain in the arse he becomes to everyone who stumbles upon the thread even just a month later, I'll have done good.
This is just sad.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts