ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm currently looking to start my winter turbo project, and i'm looking for ideas on which turbo and of course manifold i'm going to need. the first manifold i found is on ssautochrome for $175 and i think it supports a t28 turbo. Also if anyone has info on downpipes it would be much appreciated.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
That SSAUTOCHROME **** is terrible man. You're better off getting a muffler shop weld you up some Ls than get that.

First of all, what type of performance do you want out of your setup?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wouldn't skimp on the mani, as it dictates which turbo you can use and the geometry of your downpipe. You might want to give BEGi a call and see if they have any more of the "old style" manifolds for $250. Their manifolds are very durable (cast). They can also hook you up with a downpipe.

Good luck,
Ike

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
www.boostlogic.com

Thier tubular manifold, 3" dp, 3" exhaust, and intercooler are on my car. Still working on a couple other things before we get the car on the dyno. They'll sell you any or all of the pieces you need. Thier stuff is reasonably priced, and you can build upon it. So when you outgrow 200hp, you don't have to throw out your turbo kit and start over. :) You can use either an internal or external wastegate without throwing away your manifold, etc.

Manifold is made of 321 Stainless. I've used thier stuff on other cars with good success. And for those of you that worry about tubular manifolds cracking, if it does, these guys have a pretty long warranty to go with them.
I'll get some better pics up in a bit. Thanks to Peter for some awesome shots of the install.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Got anymore pics of that boostlogic manifold? I've been looking for a tubular manifold for 1.8 with no success.

BTW I'm runnning an AVO turbo manifold

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found a company locally that would make a custom manifold around $250-$300, and i'm pretty sure they will be making my downpipe also. thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
yeah, I think the flange on mine is warped...... have an exhaust leak there that I can't kill....

I might have to switch manifolds here over the winter.... but that requires me to have my custom downpipe re-done to fit.... which could suck donkey balls...... we'lll have to see

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
planet -

the car that was stolen was blue green. When it was recovered, it was little more than a big paper weight.

We bought a laguna blue roller that had more of the essentials still on it.

What shots do you want of the manifold? Its on the car, so they are kind of hard to get right now. :)

·
Banned
100 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:02 pm]planet -

the car that was stolen was blue green. When it was recovered, it was little more than a big paper weight.

We bought a laguna blue roller that had more of the essentials still on it.

What shots do you want of the manifold? Its on the car, so they are kind of hard to get right now. :)

oooooooooh yeah i remember now. that's the worst. that blue car looks pretty good. any shots u can get of the mani would be cool. also u could ask them how much a mani for a t66 would be .

p.s.
i think u meant "plain" not "planet" :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
right. plain. not planet. sorry. ;)

a manifold for a T66? Are you serious? IMO, there are faster spooling turbos that make more power than that available. (GT35R)

It all depends on the flange you want. I assume they could cut off the T2 flange and add a different one. Your best bet is to call them. Talk to Kean. He is the shop owner. Thier number is on thier site.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:35 am]right. plain. not planet. sorry. ;)

a manifold for a T66? Are you serious? IMO, there are faster spooling turbos that make more power than that available. (GT35R)

It all depends on the flange you want. I assume they could cut off the T2 flange and add a different one. Your best bet is to call them. Talk to Kean. He is the shop owner. Thier number is on thier site.

good point. ima have to look into that. isn't kean woons cousin? o well lemme get on the phone with em. thanks brotha. still keep me posted on your setup though. i like the gold cage i saw in scc the other month.

·
Registered
108 Posts
have Rob at www.flipsidecustoms.com fab you up a log style with whatever style flange you want on there for a good price. Don't ask me about the price, email him. His work is beautiful, And as far as i've whitnessed he hasn't had any un satisfied customers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ October 30th, 8:35 am]right. plain. not planet. sorry. ;)

Matt are you the guy on supraforums who owns both miata and toyota supra?

Also I'm running the HKS 1.8 Turbo manifold. I've also got a spare Turbo XS bullshit tubular manifold which is a bit retarded and looks like it'll shatter if I slap on the turbo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts