ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: What straight pipes/mid pipes are you guys running?

What do you meand with straight pipes? If is the kat, im using a homemade test pipe.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
if there is someone making a "name brand" cat delete I would laugh. He's got to be talking about something else...

·
Banned
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Fri May 05, 2006 12:17 pm]if there is someone making a "name brand" cat delete I would laugh. He's got to be talking about something else...
Mind you, but there are name brand cat deletes...lolz...

What I was referring to was cat's...

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Really beaten up Jap market Mazda one last time I looked :lol:

I stuck on a cat pie from Scorpion exhausts on my last Roadster. Law says on my present one, I've got to keep the cat on though :(

·
Registered
261 Posts
im using the cheap e-bay testpipe,

·
Banned
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really beaten up Jap market Mazda one last time I looked :lol:

I stuck on a cat pie from Scorpion exhausts on my last Roadster. Law says on my present one, I've got to keep the cat on though :(
Yup, law freakin sucks! I heard the fine here in CA is about $2000. In my area, every now and then there are smog stops on the streets...

·
Registered
175 Posts
im thinking about the FM test pipe.... but its a lot of money............... :roll: i kinda fear not having a cat because my bumper already gets black with the cat installed.... although i got 66ppm of HCs when i smogged and the max limit was 66ppm.... i bet i can throw flames without a cat :twisted: :twisted:

·
Banned
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im thinking about the FM test pipe.... but its a lot of money............... :roll: i kinda fear not having a cat because my bumper already gets black with the cat installed.... although i got 66ppm of HCs when i smogged and the max limit was 66ppm.... i bet i can throw flames without a cat :twisted: :twisted:

yeah, FM is a bit on the pricey side. But I guess there is always this saying, "you get what you pay for" and in the FM piece, you get a lil quality. If you can throw flames, fock yeah!

·
Registered
175 Posts
my friend gutted his cat on his RX8 and runs an O2 simulator... if the car has been running for at least 10 minutes it'll shoot little flames while at a light..... now load the sucker up when taking off at a green light and you get two blue flames when shifting =D> :lol: :shock: =D> 8)

·
Registered
261 Posts
im running a test pipe from ebay, and you feel a little differance in power when coupled with an exhaust, but its louder and do yourself a favor and get the resonated version it you dont want to sound tinny.. the exact reason im changing to that..

my emissions passed with flying colors one of the tests didnt even register, of course as soon as that happened i went home and pulled off the cat and put my test pipe on.

abnd yes they will shoot flames stock w/ a exhaust, ive been told when going down the mountian it was about basketball sized flames from time to time

1 - 20 of 24 Posts