ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, If I was able to have connection with ANY JDM tuner shop, which ones would you guys be interested in the most? I might have the connections to do group buys with JDM tuner shops, so i'm gauging interest in which one is popular so we can contact them. Probably will need at least 10 people. This will be anything from exhausts, mirros, hoods...etc Any company; AutoEXE, Chargespeed, Tuckin99,...etc..thanx

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Wow, just check out the JDM tuner list in the links section, there are hundreds of tuners, and i want parts from all of them!!! Im willing to bet if you could organize a groupbuy for some JDM Mazdaspeed Sport Seats with Miata Specific sliders you would have a great groupbuy going on, but thats just me, but, eveyone wants something different.

Also, while any member can suggest a group buy all must be organized through a CR.net sponsor. If you're interested in sponsoring CR.net then PM Tim Allen.

Phatty :mrgreen:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, that's my point. There are hundreds of tuners in the jdmtuner's section, but it's so spread out and hard for us to get what we want. Cuz everyone wants a lil something here and there. So i was jus trying to make something work so we can all get what we want.. =D> thanx!!

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
I'd be up for a reroute kit, or maybee a CAI of some sort.

·
Registered
718 Posts
yashio factory.

pink ftw.

I don't think they do any miata parts, though. but they do have an NA demo car....

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Yea, that's my point. There are hundreds of tuners in the jdmtuner's section, but it's so spread out and hard for us to get what we want. Cuz everyone wants a lil something here and there. So i was jus trying to make something work so we can all get what we want.. =D> thanx!!
I don't have any trouble whatsoever getting any part I want from any of the tuners listed in the JDM Tuner Shop section. I guess I don't understand what your difficulty is. The reason we created this site was to open people's eyes to Road&Ster and what's available for our cars overseas. It's all just an e-mail, payment, and 5 days via EMS away from your doorstep.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have any trouble whatsoever getting any part I want from any of the tuners listed in the JDM Tuner Shop section. I guess I don't understand what your difficulty is. The reason we created this site was to open people's eyes to Road&Ster and what's available for our cars overseas. It's all just an e-mail, payment, and 5 days via EMS away from your doorstep.
I was thinking in terms of price. Yea, we can get parts from those places, but when we get parts, it's pretty expensive. so I was wondering if we gauge interest in a particular item, for instance the ms seats...then we can contact them and see if they wanna do group buys for us. I dunno..if it's not worthwhile then, i guess i won't pursue and just let it be. But..jus seeing if any options or not to help clubroadster out.....thanx..

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Cheaper prices are always worthwhile. But I think you'll find after doing a bit more market research on your own that Miata owners in the USA are a fickle bunch. I don't know how RSpeed, Metro, Adrenaline, etc. decide what products to stock but I can tell you they've been doing it for a long time and already have well established relationships. If they could be making more money by stocking more parts with cheaper prices or by stocking a different mix of parts then I'm sure they'd be doing it. I think your best hopes of getting cheaper prices on parts for yourself is to suggest a group buy and coordinate through one of the forum sponsors. If you're thinking about starting your own business to supply Miata owners in the USA with tuning parts from Japan then I think you'll find it a crowded market with thin margins, mediocre revenue, and high overhead expenses. Most tuner shops rely heavily on service jobs. The parts sales are mostly there so you'll pay them to install the stuff.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I just don't think there are enough Miata part sales to be able to justify Honda like prices. Many Honda tuning parts from Japan are still expensive. It's the name of the game. I think you'd have to shift a lot of product (like Amazon.com or NOPI levels) to be able to realize significant cost savings based on economies of scale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts