ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer Song #1.. get preppin, whats in your trunk?

My trunk...

Seriously though... Somebody needs to make a sick Miata Vid for this song, STAT :ninja::slayer:

·
Registered
135 Posts

Biggest item is probably the Kobalt 227-piece portable tool set. Extra drawer at the bottom that I threw odds-and-ends tools into as well.

To the right of that is a sealed water-proof bag that contains a 1995 Mazda Miata Haynes manual, blanket, and a few other random handy items for working on the car that I don't want to get wet. In a torrential downpour the bag is also good for sticking over your upper body. It's clear enough to see through and it'll keep ya dry!

Under all of this is a small orange tarp with bungie cord at all 4 corners. Large enough to hook onto some trees and make a shelter, or cover the car if for some reason the convertible top should break. I just spread it out on the floor of the trunk.

The the left of the Kobalt tool set it a backpack with an engine timing light, tire patch kit, random fuses and bolts, steel hand axe, vacuum hose, fuel hose, tape, clamps etc. Pretty much a small mechanic's emergency kit.

Then there is the spare tire and tire cover in the back. This has a set of jumper cables sitting in it. Also not pictured but in the trunk are the usual car jack, tools, and the factory Mazda bag they are stored in.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jesus, you watched. The incredible a little to much as a kid... Talk about "luck favors the prepared "

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

·
4,296 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Jesus, you watched. The incredible a little to much as a kid... Talk about "luck favors the prepared "

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
I'm a survivalist and prepper at heart. Few other things always with me in the cabin as well. Never travel unarmed. ;)

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
A shirt, jumper cables and uhh I think that's it.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts

A shovel, Kitty litter, a hoody, shoes, anti-freeze, ant spray, and oil :mrgreen:

edit: oh and some random tie down straps.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
No pic here but I have a clipboard with a pen, Keith Tanner's Miata Performance Projects book, a neon green frisbee 'cause the car has the gheys, a tonneu cover, a cockpit cover, a bottle of Redline 10w30, some gloves, and a tire iron. Also a battery and a spare :D

·
ガラーズ・フ&#
2,125 Posts
battery, spare tire, small halfords tools set, shoes, driving gloves, work gloves, latex gloves, zipties, coolant, oil, spre HT leads, spare radiator cap, random bolts and nuts, medikit and some other random junk...

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you pack your trunk with enough stuff, nothing has room to move or shift. lol

I do agree with you guys though, if you're headed to the track or racing I'd dump out everything in my trunk too. I only really carry so much stuff because I constantly work on my friends cars and I travel ALL over the metroplex. On any given day of the week I'm 30-50 miles away from my home or anyone I can call for help. I like to know I could camp out and be fine for a night or two, or fix the car on the side of the road and still be able to get back home.

My distributor seal blew on my old MR2 a few years ago and I just happened to have the seals to fix it in my backpack. I pulled it out in a parking lot about 2 hours away from home, and an hour or so later had it rebuilt, oil mess cleaned up, engine re-timed, and it fired right up and I drove home. Saved me a ton of money compared to calling for a tow.

When I detailed cars on the side with the MR2 my trunk was no different :p

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Everything I need to dispose of a dead body... Inculding the body...
ROFL.. You mean Tekel's trunk :eek: ... seems legit :fab:

A shovel, Kitty litter, a hoody, shoes, anti-freeze, ant spray, and oil :mrgreen:

edit: oh and some random tie down straps.

The steering wheel is so it doesn't get jacked when i park... Everybody ask 'why do you take it off'. So it doesn't get stolen while i'm away... which leads into 19 other questions. :cry2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts