ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Miata this weekend. Up until yesterday everything was cool. I even drove 300 miles the day I got it. Yesterday while sitting at a light it started bogging a little. It would be idling then bog down about 200 rpm for a few seconds. Then idle for a while and do it again. The guy I bought it from mentioned problems with some kinda valve I have never heard of. Any suggestions??? Its really annoying.

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
I would check the PCV valve first get a new one and replace it, its only like 6 bucks

·
Kicked off the island..
3,062 Posts
Pull the Idle Air Control valve off of the side of your throttle body, and clean it out good with some carb cleaner. You just may be able to save it. You can also pull a vacuum line after you reinstall the IAC, and spray carb cleaner into the intake track that way and it will help clean any other openings such as egr etc. that may cause a lopy idle. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Pull the Idle Air Control valve off of the side of your throttle body, and clean it out good with some carb cleaner. You just may be able to save it. You can also pull a vacuum line after you reinstall the IAC, and spray carb cleaner into the intake track that way and it will help clean any other openings such as egr etc. that may cause a lopy idle. Hope this helps.

Ahhhhhhh!!!!! Use Throttle Body Cleaner please :D

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to go turbo! I just need to sell my Acura first so Im not paying an arm and a leg in car insurance.

Turbo=No Idle problem? I hope so!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts