ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks like LA has the market cornered on 1990 Miatas.

Stealth 97, looks like a Dragon run is shaping up for the end of this month. Just a FYI.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
I bought my Miata in Aug of '89, and remember those ads. I bought mine for $13K at the dealer though. Lots of people were trying to make a quick buck on the hype at the time, since it was generally hard to find them in stock at the dealer. I doubt that many (if any) sold for those kind of prices though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow 100%+ markups?! Have there been any higher than this?

It's also interesting to see 89' Rx-7's costing $15k, thanks for reminding me of the good ole' days back when I was 4 :lol: .

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I have a chance I'm going to scan a current LA Times classified section showing the same 1990s for sale now for $2000-$3000.

:lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hahaha- that's great!

.....All those turbo FC RX-7's.... where are they now? :(:(
Some of those turbo II FCs are still alive, some have had the engine and drivetrain removed to be put into a N/A FC, miata, truck, FB, etc. And Im sure the rest are all in junkyards.

Its funny though, everybody at the RX-7 club is always talking about doing Turbo II swaps, why dont they just sell the N/A car and drive the turbo II? Alot of the donor cars are in good shape. I guess eventually everybody will be doing Turbo II swaps BACK into the Turbo II cars.

·
Registered
211 Posts
reminds me of the Celica All-Trac thread... apparently those went for over $21,000 new back in 1988...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts