ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In celebration of the creation of the Millionth Miata we're compiling a list of the best personal Miata stories from members of the forum to run as a story AutoGuide.com. And we'd love your help...

If you'd like to be a part of it, please post your favourite Miata story or memory on this thread below before September 15th and we'll take the best stories to build out this compilation. We'll use either your real name or your user name here—whichever you'd like.

Can't wait to hear your stories...

-AG

·
Registered
138 Posts
When mine ran me over while I was washing it because a drunk dude decided to reverse into it

:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my 97 NA from a friend in Phoenix & drove it back to Ohio. I know the Southwest fairly well from living in Flagstaff for 5 years. Just outside of Moab, Utah, there's a two-lane that parallels the Colorado River for a while & cuts through a gorge. Usually Very little traffic & very quiet. I'd parked at a small pulloff area & was just watching the river when I heard The Sound; A few seconds later, a British racing green Jaguar C-Type BLASTS by my spot. WTF??? Did I warp back into the 50s? Then a Ferrari 250 GTO wails by. Soon, a Mercedes Gullwing pulls into my little area, then another one... Soon there were old Ferraris, Maseratis, a Blower Bentley, several competition Jaguars, a supercharged MG TC, etc, all parked around my humble Miata. Got to sit in one of the Gullwings & a Maserati 300S.
I'd stumbled upon the Colorado Grande Rally - I'd know about it for a long time, but just by chance... Got lots of pictures, but I haven't a clue how to post them.
But that's my best Miata story.

·
Registered
15 Posts
All the chicks the Miata has got me through the years. Oh and one time I drove it from California to Yellow Stone with a water leak. Had to pull over every 150 miles to fill it up with water with my welding glove. On the way there my alternator started going out and very everything started to turn off. Nothing worked not even the speedometer or tachometer. On my was there it started storming ive never seen so much rain and wind I felt like I was going to get blown off the road. Since my wind shield wipers stopped working cause of the alternator I was shitting bricks going 40 mph. Had to park on down hills so I could start it up again after filling it with water after every 150 miles. When I finally got to my destination I couldn't open my trunk. I had so much luggage that it broke the trunk latch. I ended up prying the side of the trunk so i could pull out one piece of cloths at a time to get all my stuff.

Trying to figure out what was wrong with Miata. I noticed the alternator belt was really cracked so I replaced it and everything went back to normal and I started to enjoy my vacation. The drive back was a different story. Everything started to stop working again but the Miata made it home I replaced the alternator and that was the end of it. Was a amazing vacation and I wouldn't change a thing except renting a car lol.

·
Lonely White Girl
5,739 Posts
My favorite was when I logged onto a Miata forum that didn't have stupid spammy threads like this.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Flew to TX with a friend so he could buy FM's old MSM test bed car from an old man that didn't know what the word pristine meant.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Once upon a time, I had this car, purchased in the summer of 2000. I called it Sharka.

And I thought it was just hot shizz. It had Rotas and vinyl stripes and a dozen different suspensions.
I learned how to autocross and track with it.

I learned how to take photos with it. I used the car in weekly photography class assignments whenever possible.

And then it was crushed in a full-speed freeway hit. I came out okay, but my heart was broken.
I loved my Miata. I wasn't done with it yet.

So I scoured the internet and found a new one to rebuild with.

I drove it back from Ohio to New Mexico in the middle of winter.

I put on stripes. I tore down the dead car and put the good parts on the new one.

And after about six months, I got the car back to pre-wreck spec.

And then I kept tweaking...

and tweaking...

I added parts that I'd lusted after for a decade.

And then I started making my own parts for the car.

Guys wanted to buy the stuff I was making.

I started selling parts. And I just kept making new stuff.

And now I'm here, 16 years later.

I love my little Roadster. I don't get to spend as much time driving or wrenching now that I have to fill constant orders and keep making parts, but I still love my little Roadster. I can't imagine my life without it.

That's my favorite Miata story.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
This was a fun day. Worth re-posting. Maybe I'll just post my whole build thread here...

I got up early, hoping to score some Blue. We went to Combo's corner. Nothing.

Not a teenth to be found.

We went over to the Railyard for a cash drop.

We stopped at Gus Fring's Laundry. No lab there anymore, just a smoking hole. And, well, the Laundry.

No sign of Fring here either. And they changed the sign. Used to say Los Pollos Hermanos.

At least the sign is still inside.

Couldn't get into Jesse's old duplex. Someone changed the locks.

Pinkman wasn't at his house either.

We went to the Car Wash. Skyler told us to get the **** out. We obeyed.

We went here to blow off some steam and shred some tires. Lots of rubber was already in the lot. We added to it.

The DEA was closed. It was the weekend after all.

I checked the plant in the lobby. Sometimes there's a dead drop. Not today.

They converted Tuco's hideout to a coffee shop. Goddamn hippies...

We paid our respects to Gus Fring.

Sat on the roof and thought of what to do next.

Finally we went to the big man's house. I respectfully rang the bell. Heisenberg answered. SCORE!

Blue Sky at last!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Only have my MX5 for 11 days and can't drive it yet (not registered), but:
Yesterday I cleaned it, while my dog was lying in front of it relaxing in the sun.
I pressed the button for the headlights, and my poor dog almost jumped out of her fur^^

Max

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't have pics but it was one time early in the am while headed to work still half asleep. It was a pretty rainy day and hopping on the freeway hit a dip before the onramp that was fishing with water. Lost traction immediately, went into a full on slide and was on for a damn ride on the onramp. Basically drifted through the entire damn turn and that surely was a damn good wakeup moment. Won't forget that day, damn heart was about to come out of my chest.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,373 Posts
"Favourite?"

Autoguide confirmed for communists. Dirty filthy communists.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts