ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I got my 97 NA from a friend in Phoenix & drove it back to Ohio. I know the Southwest fairly well from living in Flagstaff for 5 years. Just outside of Moab, Utah, there's a two-lane that parallels the Colorado River for a while & cuts through a gorge. Usually Very little traffic & very quiet. I'd parked at a small pulloff area & was just watching the river when I heard The Sound; A few seconds later, a British racing green Jaguar C-Type BLASTS by my spot. WTF??? Did I warp back into the 50s? Then a Ferrari 250 GTO wails by. Soon, a Mercedes Gullwing pulls into my little area, then another one... Soon there were old Ferraris, Maseratis, a Blower Bentley, several competition Jaguars, a supercharged MG TC, etc, all parked around my humble Miata. Got to sit in one of the Gullwings & a Maserati 300S.
I'd stumbled upon the Colorado Grande Rally - I'd know about it for a long time, but just by chance... Got lots of pictures, but I haven't a clue how to post them.
But that's my best Miata story.
I know you posted this a year ago but dude, I was in Colorado to hunt this year and we kept seeing all sorts of badass old roadsters and stuff in Gunnison. Finally I got a chance at a light and asked a dude what the hell was going on and he answer but I forgot to look it up until I just read this. They were on their way to or from this! Wild.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts