ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
https://imgur.com/a/PZ2tv
I had wanted one for years, but the selection in Iceland was very slim and prices were high. I ended up buying one in germany on a whim and driving it all the way to Iceland.

It started it's journey on the brink of death

And after 2 years it looks like this

And this winter it will get an even bigger transformation, the whole story is in the link at the top

Edit : And I just now realized how old this thread is....

·
Registered
200 Posts
That one time I took my miata to Big South Fork in Tennessee and our tent blew away while we were camping so we had to sleep in my Miata. Not good, but not as bad as you may think. We draped a big mosquito net over us and slept with the top down. It was a good time. Yes, you can do the do in a miata. Not the best, but not as bad as you may think.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I got my 97 NA from a friend in Phoenix & drove it back to Ohio. I know the Southwest fairly well from living in Flagstaff for 5 years. Just outside of Moab, Utah, there's a two-lane that parallels the Colorado River for a while & cuts through a gorge. Usually Very little traffic & very quiet. I'd parked at a small pulloff area & was just watching the river when I heard The Sound; A few seconds later, a British racing green Jaguar C-Type BLASTS by my spot. WTF??? Did I warp back into the 50s? Then a Ferrari 250 GTO wails by. Soon, a Mercedes Gullwing pulls into my little area, then another one... Soon there were old Ferraris, Maseratis, a Blower Bentley, several competition Jaguars, a supercharged MG TC, etc, all parked around my humble Miata. Got to sit in one of the Gullwings & a Maserati 300S.
I'd stumbled upon the Colorado Grande Rally - I'd know about it for a long time, but just by chance... Got lots of pictures, but I haven't a clue how to post them.
But that's my best Miata story.
I know you posted this a year ago but dude, I was in Colorado to hunt this year and we kept seeing all sorts of badass old roadsters and stuff in Gunnison. Finally I got a chance at a light and asked a dude what the hell was going on and he answer but I forgot to look it up until I just read this. They were on their way to or from this! Wild.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
How about the time I went broke and sold my 993 so that i could score some more hookers and blow? Used the leftover money to buy a Miata. Same same but different right?

·
Administrator
15,373 Posts
Definitely a better love story than Twilight.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts